5

"Good morning little girl." Keturah greets immediately her younger sister comes into the sitting room.
"How many times do I have to remind you that I'm in no way little. Like, not at all. Better mind yourself." Keziah protests and settles on one of the chaise lounges in the living room. She opens her bag and stretches to the center table to pick up a blue aluminum flask.
  "You didn't pack a second one?" She asks facing her elder sister who is now laying out the dining table.
"No."
"Why?"
    "You won't need it."
   "Why?"
"I wasn't informed."
   "Seriously? See you ehn. Be getting incomplete visions." She jokes and sticks out her tongue. Keturah chuckles and shakes her head.
  "Don't worry ehn, it's almost your turn." She pulls out a chair and settles down to her meal.
"You might want to eat early or you go to school late." She advises and pulls out another chair for Keziah.
   Keziah walks to the dining table and settles to a breakfast of white spaghetti and fish sauce.
   "Remember that she is now your responsibility so you better be on the lookout for her every now and then. If anything happens to her, you're responsible. More reason you have to pray for her very often. Infact, every time." Keturah says and Keziah nods her head in acknowledgement.
  "Thanks sis. I sure will."

"She's my responsibility. My responsibility." Keziah chants as she enters the classroom and searches for Shade. She walks up to one of their classmates, Oladehinde who stays on the same street as her.
  "Good morning Ola."
"Mummy Jesus! How are you doing?"
"I'm fine. You?"
"I'm yet to do my Chemistry assignment."
   "Ah! Do it on time oo. We're having it by second period. Besides, I wanted to ask if you saw Shade this morning. In the neighborhood I mean."
    "No oo. You see, she doesn't really come out like that. Unless she wants to get something that can't wait till the mall or supermarket. She's more of an indoor type of person." Ola explains and sits down to tackle his assignment.
   "Oh! Thanks then."
"Anytime jare."
  She moves to her seat at the front of the class and plops her bag on the floor beside her desk. She looks around once again before she picks her Bible and hymnal and leaves the class.
Immediately she steps out of the class, she sights a tall, fair slim lady putting on their uniform headed to the S.S.S two humanities department classroom. She runs after her as quick as her legs can allow and meets up with her just before she enters the classroom.
  "Senior Temi! Senior Temi!" She calls out.
  The lady looks back and puts on a smile when she sees her.
"Keziah. How are you doing?"
  "I'm doing well. And you?"
"I'm fine. Why did you have to run so much? You couldn't have just walked after me oo."
    "I didn't want to enter your class." Keziah explains scratching the back of her neck.
     "Why?"
  "Senior Catherine instructed we the junior students not to come in again."
  "Junior students? Last time I checked you were in S.S.S one oo. Anyways I know you came for something else. What is that?" Temi asks.
    "Shade. I came to ask if you saw Shade this morning."
  "I didn't oo. We have not been coming to school together for a while now too. You know we have started prep classes over here so I leave home a little earlier now."
  "Oh. Okay." Keziah submits resignedly.
"But then, I haven't been seeing her in school as often as before. Did something happen?"
           "Exactly what I am bent on finding out. I seriously don't know what is going on with her. She refused to say anything."
  "Just keep praying for her. It might seem like your prayer isn't doing anything but trust me it's working wonders in the heavenlies. I will join you too and give you feedback if I see anything." The older girl assures giving her a pat on the shoulder.
    "Thanks so much senior Temi. I really don't know how I am supposed to feel."
"Don't be worried. It's a trick from the devil. It is well."
    "Amen! Thanks once again."
  "I have to go now. Take care of yourself."
  "Okay. And you too. Have a nice day."
"Thanks." Temi disappears into her classroom while Keziah turns to return to hers. She mutters a line of prayer as she moves along, "Please keep her safe Lord."

I'm back. I had to put the book on hold for a while because the devil gave me this idea that the book wasn't doing well. So I stopped until I got corrected by the sweet Holy Spirit 😊😊. All thanks be to God. Happy New month to everyone one. Glad you made it into March, I pray we witness many more celebrations in Jesus mighty name 🙏. AMEN 🤲🤲. This chapter is dedicated to adeolaabigailife5 thanks so much for being His mouthpiece sis. He really used you for me. So what do you think is going on with Shade? I mean we all know no healthy person will keep skipping school like this. Please don't forget to vote 🌟 comment and tell your friends about the book. It means a lot. Thanks once again.
   Yours in Ink; Bethel ™