4

"Hello!" Keziah hollers as she comes into the kitchen putting on an extra large lemon green polo and black skirt. She goes over to meet her elder sister, Keturah, who opens the aluminum pot to check the boiling rice on the gas cooker. Keziah jumps on the tiled counter and takes a seat swinging her legs.
  "How are you doing?" Keturah asks.
"I'm not fine oo."
"What happened to you?"
    "It's Shade jare."
   "What happened to her?" A concerned Keturah goes to stand directly opposite her younger version and looks over her a million times.
   "I don't know actually. You see, she's not talking. But I feel like something is wrong."
"Really? Like what?"
    "I don't know. What is happening is that her step mother is using her for too much house chores. Shade that doesn't play with food, she didn't bring food to school yesterday. And she didn't eat breakfast too."
   "Ah ah! It's that bad?"
"Yes oooo. And thanks for yesterday."
  "What did I do?"
"You insisted that I take extra lunch, didn't you?"
"I was only acting according to instructions."
  "Opporr! Jesus babe!" Keziah hailed putting her hands up as a means of hyping her elder sister.
"Yes oo. You know it's not easy. It's not oo. And you can be more actually."
   "I'm trying alright? I really am. But then, it's so painful that God is not even giving me anything to do. Like, I'm just lying fallow. He's not sending me to anyone at all. I'm just here staying here for being here. I keep on trying to grow but how will it show when I can't even talk to anyone or deliver God's messages to them." Clearly frustrated, Keziah rants looking up at her sister at intervals.
  "I'm sorry. But I feel like he's preparing you so that you can be adequately prepared when he is ready for you to be used."
  "Maybe?"
"Besides, what about Shade? Why don't you focus on actually getting her to God sef. Who knows if that will propel God to give you more things to do."
  "I'm trying. I really am."
"When last did you pray for her?"
  "That should be Sunday."
"Really? For your best friend that's a little bit far oo. Why don't you do it more often? Pray and try listening to God." Keturah advises as she places her hand on Keziah's shoulder. Keziah nods in response and goes over to the gas cooker.
   "The food is almost done oo."
  "Don't tell me you're hungry."
"Why can't I?"
    "Go and fast for your friend?"
"Ehn?"
"Ehn. Don't you know she's now your responsibility. You have to take care of her like one. But as much as you pray for her, pray for yourself too."
  "I will. Thanks sis. You're sincerely appreciated."
  "I love you."
"Love you more sis. Can I fast tomorrow though?"
  "Why not? You're the one gaining spiritual development through it. Not me. Do take care of yourself though."
"I will. You too."
"Jesus is taking care of me." Keziah leaves the kitchen and goes up to her room. She chuckles as she takes a seat on the bed and later decides to lay on it.
  "I really don't want to compare myself to my sister but it's not my fault that she's growing faster than I am is it? I really try to grow spiritually too, but it's like God is not preparing me for any work. Or could it be that I have not discovered it? I really want to before it's too late oo." She whines and goes over to the headrest to pick up her Bible. She picks up a scarf and covers her hair and opens the Bible. The Bible flips open to Ecclesiastes 3 and she reads the first verse; "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
"Oh God, I know right, but I just need like something to do so I won't feel like I'm useless." She closes the Bible and her lips move gently as she prays and removes the scarf. She places her head on the pillow and gives a sigh.

Hello family 😍. I hope it's not too late to wish you a Merry Christmas ❤️❤️. How did your Christmas go? Mine was great actually ☺️.

Sometimes, we feel like God doesn't have our time or he doesn't want us to work for Him, while in real sense, He is just preparing us for the big assignment. Sometimes, he has actually given us something to do but we have just not noticed it. Thanks for taking time to read this book. You might want to check out my other books too. Exodus and Choice. Thanks a bunch 💕. And the little 🌟 is just below you should please comment too.