28: Constellations

Third Person POV

"Can I lay some ideas on you real quick?" Y/N asked as she touched down gently on the cement.

"Yes, Y/N. I'm sure you have some good ones. Your Quirk is extremely versatile, and your technique and execution are very strong. There are a lot of ways you could approach this move."

I almost forgot. Shota mentioned Y/N had received some kind of boost in power, or even a rather fifth Quirk. Aether. But there was an interesting drawback.

"Thanks. So, it would obviously be easy to do something with all four elements. Something like at the sports festival, with the tornado I did while fighting Todoroki. But if I can learn to use my Aether, which theoretically can manipulate space, time, and matter, it would be perfect for an Ultimate Move. But I would have to be able to refine it a bit more." She said.

She wants to manipulate time already?

"Yes...it is certainly an ambitious task, considering the extent of Aether. However, if anyone can do it, it's you. How do you want to start?"

"If I'm able to just freeze an individual person in time, I would be able to knock them out or restrain them pretty easily. How about I just try that for now?" She suggested.

Ectoplasm nodded before taking an offensive stance.

"I will come at you with basic attacks. See if you can freeze me."

They then began sparring. Nothing too crazy — just enough to break a sweat.

I don't even know how to activate the time aspect of my power. I guess I'll try to just think about stopping the flow of time in one concentrated area.

She leapt up to avoid Ectoplasm's low sweep and kicked his chest twice.

Come on. Stop!

The hero stumbled backward, regaining his footing quickly.

Stop!

He lunged at her again, his fist aimed for her shoulder—

"STOP!" Y/N yelled, shutting her eyes.

A familiar warm feeling washed over her, filling up her senses and leaving her hands tingling.

Slowly opening one eye, she saw Ectoplasm's fist not a inch from her.

And he wasn't moving.

She looked around in shock. Everyone else was still fighting, and had not been affected.

"Holy shit. I did it." She gasped, laughing at her own success.

Suddenly, the hold on Ectoplasm broke, but his fist went forward without any contact. He looked to his left in shock to find Y/N trying to contain a smile.

"I did it. I actually did it." She said.

"You did it. I'm impressed. It didn't take you that long either. How long was I frozen for?"

"Only a couple of seconds."

"Alright. Now try holding it for a longer duration. It would allow you more time to properly incapacitate your opponent."

For the rest of the time in the gym, Y/N tried over and over to freeze time. However, she was only successfully able to do it twice more before the training came to an end.

"You did good today. Keep working at it, and you may even be able to freeze multiple things at once." Ectoplasm said.

"Thank you sir." She inclined her head towards her teacher, before jumping down to join the rest of her exhausted classmates.