"Shit."

Inside the computer room where all the computers in the setting were being controlled, Maki was hyperventilating but still trying to process everything. She never expected that this would be the outcome.

She was sure that Naobito would never lose his cool and the worst thing he could do was to break the bond and leave. That's all but...

"I didn't mean this to happen." She muttered over and over as the firing in her background continued and showed no sign of stopping. "All I want is to break the bond and I will handle him myself but... it's all my fault."

Her mind finally broke down when she realized that because of her somewhere out there someone was dying. Her twin sister was there fighting for her life and she was the reason for all of it and she can imagine how frightened Naoya might be right now.

She doesn't really care about Naobito but those two, "I... I put them in danger." She bit her lower lip and cupped her mouth as she tried to swallow the anxiety building up in her. Her heart was pounding in her chest and it echoed in her ears to the point she couldn't even hear her own heaving.

Tears were swelling up in her eyes. She was blaming herself too much that she ended up punching her own head, "It's your fault! It's your fault, it's you–"

A loud bang from the door shook Maki's core, "Open it! Please! I know someone was in there."

The voice outside was anxious and seemed like crying but Maki couldn't move a single muscle. All she could do was clutch her hair and sat there. Her mind was occupied with a lot of unforgiving thoughts that made her legs go numb. Even though her ears heard everything, she couldn't understand a thing.

The scream made by the woman was immediately silenced by a loud bang. The voice was gone.

Toji on the other hand knew that it's coming. But he never expected that both sides would have high quality of arms with them. All he thought was there would be minimal firearms since no one would have expected this kind of situation.

He was hiding behind a ruptured wall as he tried to contact Maki with his earpiece but he received no response. They should've rendezvoused by now and settle this but he couldn't reach her.

He was in the middle of mutiny yet his mind still wondered about the certain h/c headed woman. He wanted to find her, hold her, and make sure she's safe but this night needed him. And if was to choose what to follow; his heart or his mind, he'd definitely choose his heart.

Everything in his life was insane and the only one who made him feel normal was Y/n. He shook his head to clear the thoughts of finding her. Because if he didn't settle this, there's not a place where she would be safe.

He wanted to be with her for as long as he could. However, if he needs to lay down his life so this could all stop and for her to be safe, he will not hesitate. It was a swim or drown situation but it's a game he's willing to risk everything.

He scoffed at the thought that never crossed his mind before, "A Toji Fushiguro, ready to die for someone? What a fool."

He pressed a button on the remote control he had in his hand and that's when all the lights turned off. Now all of them were in the dark, yet the moonlight was enough for them to see through the night.

This time, a solid metal was slowly rearing up in between the two clans. The fire had finally ceased yet that metal wall was not enough to distinguish the furry from each side.