Chapter Four: A Lesson

Start from the beginning

"You just...are." Sunoo stammers. He fixes his gaze onto something else and continues walking.

-----------------------

"Welcome in." Eunmi, their vocal trainer, says warmly. They bow politely and return her smile.

"Who wants to go first?" She asks. Sunghoon looks at Sunoo and communicates with his eyes.

"I will." Sunoo offers. She nods and gestures towards the music stand holding the lyric pages. Sunoo takes his place in front of it and skims over the words.

"You can start from your first verse, please." She instructs. Sunoo begins to sing, without the music, it was a little hard to stay on beat. He still tried his best.

"Okay...that was really good, Sunoo." Eunmi says, staring down at the lyric sheet. Sunoo blushes and thanks her. Sunghoon watches him from the side, completely unaware of anything around him. He could only focus on Sunoo. The way he fidgeted with his fingers as Eunmi spoke, how his lips curled upward into a smile with each compliment, and his brows furrowed with concentration as he listened to her advice.

Sunoo was just so easy to stare at. So extremely appealing in Sunghoon's eyes. Not exactly like an angel, but something else that commanded to be seen. Sunoo had completely entranced him without trying, and Sunghoon couldn't tear his eyes away.

The sound of Sunoo's voice made him feel strangely warm inside and he could suddenly feel his heart beating. It felt like he had taken his first breath, and this was the first time he had really been alive. Like he had been asleep and Sunoo was the soft voice waking him. A siren, this feeling is a danger leading to destruction.

"Sunghoon?" Sunoo calls, snapping Sunghoon from his trance. Sunghoon blinked and looked at Eunmi. She smiled at him and he could have sworn her eyes sparkled with some kind of wisdom.

"It's your turn." She says gently, urging him to take Sunoo's place. He stood, still half dazed, and made his way towards the stand. His hand brushed against Sunoos as they passed and the contact felt like electricity. Sunghoon tried hard to focus on the lyrics but was too distracted by the strange tingles in his stomach.

He couldn't look at Sunoo now, in fact he avoided looking at him at all costs. He stared at the words and cleared his throat several times, his fingers tapped a rhythm against his thighs. His nerves started to get the best of him, the tingle in stomach that once felt giddy was starting to turn into a ball of anxiety.

Eunmi seemed to notice.

"Actually, Sunoo... could you go down to the cafe and get me a coffee please? And some water for you and Sunghoon?" She asks. Sunoo stood and took the card she extended towards him with both hands.

"Yes, ma'am. I'll be back shortly." He assures, and then leaves the room, closing the door behind him gently. Sunghoon swallowed and kept his head low in embarrassment.

"Sunghoon, come sit next to me please." She orders, taking a seat. He followed her instructions and sat awkwardly beside her. His fingers pinched at his thigh as the silence between them grew louder with each second. He sighs finally and raises his eyes to meet hers.

"I'm sorry..." he says quietly. She shakes her head and smiles.

"You're fine, really. But is there something on your mind?" She asks.

"I...don't know." He says honestly, "I just feel...strange."

Eunmi took a breath like she was going to say something, but instead she stayed quiet. Sunghoon didn't know how to explain the strange feeling, because he had never felt it before. It was completely foreign and only Sunoo made him feel so...anxious. So incredibly euphoric and uneasy at the same time.

"You know...Sunghoon. Sometimes our hearts know things before our heads do." She says. He looked at her but she wasn't looking at him. She was staring somewhere else with an expression that made Sunghoon believe she was recalling a bittersweet memory. When she finally looked at him, her eyes did look a little wet.

"Let's get back to work." She says with a sigh. Sunghoon returned to his place in front of the stand, her words still echoing in his head.

A/N: Anybody else obsessed with Sacrifice (Eat Me Up) or is it just me? Sacrifice and Not For Sale are basically battling in my brain 😅😅

And then I Need The Light comes and adds into the chaos 🤡

Don't forget to vote if you like it 🫶

Have a great Day/Night 🫶💛💛