1. Look for the light.

Start from the beginning

Finally making it to her room, Maggie sighs and sets the child down on the bed. "Poor thing. Wonder where her parents are at." she thinks to herself as she shut the door behind her.

Maggie puts a pillow on the floor and lays down, in case she woke up and finds a stranger next to her bed. She stared at the ceiling until she fell asleep.

Daylight came, and Ella sat up shouting for her dad.

"Hey. I'm Maggie, it's okay I won't hurt you. What's your name?" the girl looks up at her settling down a bit. A shiver ran down her spine. She had no idea who this woman was or who this house belonged to.

"Ella." She stutters.

"Where's your parents, Ella?" Maggie asks in a soft tone. The girl shrugs.

"Alright, well why don't I take you to meet someone." She reaches out her hand to walk her outside.

"Hey! Maggie!" Glenn shouts out.

Ella quickly hides behind Maggie, covering her face. "Don't worry Ella. Everyone here is friendly, that's Glenn." Maggie explains. Ella peeks out behind Maggie as Glenn smiles at her waving.

"Hey I found some clothes for her, I don't know if they'll fit but they'll do." Ella looks up at him smiling. "I think she likes them.. and me!" Glenn thinks to himself proudly.

"Okay well, let's go take 'er to meet everyone," Maggie says as the 3 of them walk over to Rick and everyone else.

"Hey look, before you guys say anything I found her wandering around shivering so we had to take her in," Glenn explains to them.

"Ella this is Shane, Rick, Lori, Andrea, and T-dog" Maggie bends down whispering to her"

"Are you serious? Let me ask you sumn'—" Shane gets cut off.

"Now hold on a second there Shane. Don't get all mad. The little girl needs us. We can't leave her out there to die." Rick argued.

"Whatever. If er' parents or group comes don't be surprised when they turn on us." Shane snarled, walking away.

"Well uhm, what's this little cutie's name?" Lori asks smiling at the young girl hiding behind Maggie again.

"Her name is Ella. I'm gonna go put her in some fresh clothes and tell my daddy." Maggie replies, taking the clothes Glenn has for Ella.

"I can wash her clothes if she'd like," Andrea says softly, smiling at Ella. The young girl smiles and nods

There were still a few others who hadn't met the little girl yet. Dale was on top of the RV scouting, and Daryl went out to look for Sophia while Carol was in the RV grieving her daughter. Maggie sets up a warm bath for Ella and helps her change into new clothes. After she's finished, Ella walks over to the bed in her baggy clothes to take a nap. Maggie notices a note in Ella's pants. Opening it carefully the note said,

"Hello, if you're reading this you have met my daughter Eleanor Pierce or Ella. She's only 7 years old. I was bitten by a walker and had to let her go. She's extremely shy at first and is quiet until she's warmed up to you. She has no family left so it's best you don't try looking for us. Try talking to her about the moon, she'll like you more.    - S.P"

"Oh, this poor girl." Maggie thought. She looks at Ella taking a nap on the bed. She puts a blanket over the small girl and goes over to her father.

"Daddy, I have to tell you something," Maggie says fidgeting with her hands nervously. Hershel turns around, mumbling a hm. "Me and Glenn- We found a young girl and her parents are well, gone. We have to take er' in. She's only 7, she won't make it out there." Maggie explains.