Chapter 9: The Abyss of Disappearance

In the wake of the relentless judgment and insults from jealous students, Adam's psychological well-being reached a breaking point. The weight of their words and actions became unbearable, wearing him down day by day. Despite his determination to stand strong, the emotional toll began to manifest physically, taking a toll on his health.

One fateful day, as Adam and Li Wei arrived at the university, a group of students gathered near the entrance, ready to unleash their venomous words upon him. The air crackled with hostility, and Adam braced himself for yet another barrage of insults. But what transpired next caught him off guard.

A girl, fueled by anger and bitterness, stepped forward with the intention to strike Adam. However, before she could lay a hand on him, Li Wei swiftly intervened. In a moment of protective instinct, he grabbed her hand, halting her assault, and forcefully brought her to the ground. The act was a declaration that no one had the right to harm or humiliate Adam.

The scene unfolded in front of a stunned crowd, who stood witness to the power of Li Wei's love and unwavering support. His actions served as a stark reminder that Adam was not alone in this battle against adversity. The onlookers, silenced by the display, slowly dispersed, their hearts heavy with the weight of their own misguided judgments.

However, the damage had already been done. The accumulated psychological strain and the shock of the confrontation had taken a toll on Adam's fragile state. That evening, as Li Wei arrived to pick him up from the university, he was nowhere to be found. It was as if the earth had opened up and swallowed him whole, leaving no trace behind.

Li Wei's heart sank as he searched frantically for Adam, his panic mingling with a deep sense of guilt. He blamed himself for not being able to shield Adam from the torment he had endured. Fear gripped his soul as he faced the possibility that Adam's fragile spirit had finally shattered under the weight of their cruel world.

The search for Adam began, involving the university authorities, friends, and even the police. Li Wei spared no effort, leaving no stone unturned in his desperate quest to find his beloved. Days turned into nights, and the uncertainty gnawed at his soul. His sleepless nights were haunted by visions of Adam, lost and broken.

As the search intensified, hope flickered like a distant flame in Li Wei's heart. The void left by Adam's disappearance threatened to consume him, driving him to the edge of despair. But just when it seemed like all was lost, a glimmer of light pierced through the darkness.