High Frequency Sound Wave of Shut The Hell Up

Start from the beginning

Sophia must've felt him relax, and instantly this predatory glare was set on her face. "Are you thinking about her?"

"What? No!"

Lie.

"You are too!" Sophia's voice, normally bubblegum sweet and light, like delicate wind chimes in the summer breeze, now rose to a high shrill. He remembered what Darkwood had said about her voice once: One moment it's persistingly annoying and the other it's a high frequency sound wave of Shut-The-Hell-Up.

He really shouldn't be thinking this way of his girlfriend.

"Do you like her?" she pushed, and leaned into him, a ferocious, alarming venom beneath her light blue eyes as she waited for his answer.

"No. I don't," he said, calm and cool, even though there was a volcanic explosion of chaos underneath. Of course he didn't like Park. But, he did, didn't he? She said they couldn't be together. He had a girlfriend now. And she just walked off with Vincent Van Hastings. And I bet, if they called off the betrothal, then she'd go to Darkwood because they kissed. No matter what she said, Darkwood probably liked her, and she probably liked him.

"Sophia," he started. "You're beautiful, funny, sweet, and my first kiss. It's been six years, almost seven since I've met you and I still haven't forgotten how I felt. I've never forgotten."

Another lie. If it hadn't been for Park Sparrow, it could've been true. But in those few months that he had truly known her, he had forgotten all about Sophia Misser. But it couldn't be that way anymore. Now it had to be the other way around: he had to forget Park Sparrow, and remember the girl he met at one of the agencies when he was eleven.

Oh, gods, he needed to stop thinking about that cursed girl.

Did he really just say gods?

The jealous fire in Sophia's eyes began to burn out. She wrapped her arms around him, seeming happier (obviously) than before. "I knew it! I knew you loved me!"

Wait, what? When did he say that?

Before he could correct her, she pressed his lips against hers, and he tasted sugar and honey and lip gloss for ten seconds before she pulled away and graced him with a peck on the cheek. "Call me later?"

He nodded, still trying to figure when he had ever said the dangerous Three Words to Soph. His girlfriend wandered away, her long blond hair bouncing against her back as she skipped, happy that Logan had no feelings for Park.

At least, that's what he hoped to achieve before he would have to watch Park walk down the aisle with Golden Boy.

Feeling like an extreme mess, he journied towards his mother's office with hopes that her soon-to-be fiancé had decided to go rent out a hotel and stay there for the rest of the day.

But, alas, his hopes were futile. For when he opened the door to his mother's circular office, nestled on the fourth corridor of the academy, with a window to look out in the courtyard that his mother loved to stand by, he saw Vincent Van Hastings sipping a cup of tea while his mother conversed with him, a resigned expression on her face.

"--please do try and explain to your mother that we could find a suitable place for someone of your status here in Paradise. It was so sudden and we can't just rent out a mansion for no reason. Gosh, Evangeline is going to throw such a fit."

"Lady Cross, please do not worry. I will speak to my mother about everything," Vincent said quickly.

"I'm so sorry if our welcome wasn't more warming. Especially with Park. It's just that sweetheart has had so much to deal with lately. She doesn't show it but after all these surprises, especially the one about her amnesia, I'm surprised she hasn't tried and strangled anybody yet."