The Starlight

Villa San Antonio, Rome, Dec 2012
"You chose an incredibly bad time to break into the Vatican, Natja. It's busy as a beehive. The General Audience of the Pope is in three days!" The Hound said. "It's not like I voluntarily chise this date ir want to break in for fun." Natalia snapped. Upon the disapproving glance Dimitry cast her she explained: "Look, you did wath the news recently? About the alien attack on NYC?" When he nodded she continued. "Then you also know of Loki, Thor's brother. He took control of some SHIELD agents. One of them was Clint. Well you know the vows. And they don't care about mind control. Briken is broken. Now I need Flamel's "Livre des figures hiéroglypiques". In that is the possibly only notation of a remedy." Dimitry sighed audibly. "Alright. I'll have it delivered to Palazzo Fiducia by tomorrow morning. And I would love to see you two at the Soirée tomorrow evening." A small smile graced Nat's face. "We'll come. And thank you, Dimitry." With those words she and Clint left for the Palazzo Fiducia.

Palazzo Fiducia, Rome, Dec 2012
She stood with her back to him, gazing up at the stars. He did not have to see her face to know there were tears in her eyes. The white satin of her nightgown waved gently in the soft breeze. It was not all that cold in Rome, despite it being early December. Still she had to be cold. With an inaudible sigh he took the plaided blanket and went over to where she leaned against the frame of the french door. "We'll make it. We always do. Come back in my love." He whispered to her, placing the blanket around her shoulders, kissing the tender flesh of hr neck. She had so many scars, most on the inside but also many on her skin. It pained him to know that not only he couldn't protect her from getting those but also inflicted some of them himself. She turned around half. "Can you promise that? What if fail to get the document? Or if the document is useless?" "Shsh. Natalia. My sweet princess, calm down. We won't fail and it will not be useless." Clint reassured her, taking her in his arms and carried her over to the bed. "I remember something about you having to pay for teasing me so meanly this morning." He grinned. A sly smile spread on Nat's lips. "Well then, bring it on. Hit me with your best shot."