fifteen

3rd Person POV

Lynna had been up since 7 o'clock. She hadn't quite processed what she agreed to until she woke up. Meeting his parents? They weren't even dating, why would he want to do that? They were pretty good friends, but they hadn't know each other long enough to be meeting parents. She was so nervous, she had tried on about 4 different outfits by the time it was 10 o'clock.

Josh was nervous about every part of it. He knew they'd like her, but he was still worried. He wasn't even bold enough to ask her out yet. Why would he bring a girl home, and be too scared to make a move? Jake was surprised his brother actually asked her to go. He had joked about it before, but didn't think he'd actually do it.

Josh was also nervous for what his parents might say. They were terrible about exposing them. His parents were liable to ask if he had asked her out yet, in front of her.

Lynna was driving herself mad waiting on the boys. She was relieved and somehow more anxious when she heard the knock on her door. She hurriedly grabbed her things, opening the door.

"How does this look?" She asked, giving them a spin. "I mean, is this too much? What am I supposed to wear to this?"

Josh smiled simply looking at her, how beautiful she looked. Her outfit was amazing, like always.

"You look stunning, don't worry." Josh said, causing Lynna to give a small smile.

"Thank you, I'm just so nervous." Lynna admitted as the boys waited.

"Lynn, I promise you look fine and there is nothing to be worried about." Jake said. "Our parents aren't snobs."

"I know, I'm just freaking myself out." She smiled, closing the door behind her.

"You'll be alright, love." Josh smiled, pulling Lynna under his arm. "If you smile, they'll love you. And, like me, they'll do most of the talking."

"Okay." Lynna nodded, feeling a tad bit better. "But, to be honest, I'll probably follow you around like a lost dog."

"That is perfectly fine." Josh laughed. "I think Ron's planning on stealing you."

"That sounds good too." Lynna shrugged. In reality her nerves were still sky high, but she tried to relax. Josh felt bad for how nervous she was, hoping she didn't completely freak herself out.

Lynna's POV

I was about to jump off a cliff. I have never felt more nervous to meet anyone than I did right now. I knew they had to be sweet people, but I felt like they were going to judge me. The boys attempted to help my nerves, but it was really no use.

"We're here." Jake announced as we entered a driveway.

"How're you feeling Lynn?" Josh asked, looking back to me.

"Might need to throw up." I said, which was evidently funny to them, I wasn't kidding.

"Well, you can throw up in the bathroom inside." Josh said. "C'mon, Lynna, it's gonna be fine."

I climbed out of the car, following Josh to the front porch. They entered, I thought they were going to knock, completely forgetting it was their childhood home. Oh my god, I was about to enter Josh's childhood home.

"Mom! Dad! It's Josh and Jake!" Jake called out. "And Lynna!"

"Lynna?" I heard an unfamiliar voice call out. I was sure I also heard Ronnie, but I wasn't sure.

"Lynna!" Ronnie called, confirming my thoughts. She rushed to me, pulling me into a sweet hug.

"It's good to see you, Ronnie." I laughed, surprised by the hug.