four

Lynna's POV

I had been obsessing over the dinner all day. I cleaned my apartment, making sure to remove anything possibly embarrassing. I made the place smell nice, burning a candle and incense. I wasn't sure what they had in mind for the night, so I prepared the movie collection I had, which wasn't much.

I played my George Harrison vinyl as I started cooking. I was pretty sure I had similar music taste to the boys, but not exactly. I loved the idea of relating and being able to show each other new music.

Sergio looped around my feet as I cooked the chicken, his favorite type of bird. I was trying to make everything perfect. The boys said they'd show up around 6, so I started food a little before as to not keep them waiting.

I was in the process of fighting a jar lid when there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I called.

"Josh and Jake!" They called back.

"Come in!" I replied excitedly. I let out a grunt, attempting to get the lid off.

"You alright there, Lynn?" Josh laughed, noticing my struggle.

"I can't get this jar open." I said, already planning on having one of them do it.

"Let me try." Josh said, making his way over to me.

"It smells amazing, Lynn." Jake complimented, looking oddly thrilled.

Josh tugged at the lid for a moment, making his own sounds of effort. I tried not to laugh, as I couldn't do it either.

"Let me try." Jake said, coming over. Josh reluctantly handed it over to him. Jake gave it one twist, and a satisfying pop sounded as it opened. Jake grew a confident smirk.

"Only got it because I wiggled it loose." Josh defended, making me and Jake giggle at him. I went back to my food, pouring the contents of the jar out.

"We brought tequila, you know, just incase." Josh smiled, holding up the bottle.

"I didn't even think about getting liquor." I said, realizing that I did forget an aspect. "I have vodka somewhere in here though."

"The more the merrier." Jake added. I pointed Josh towards the drinking glasses, allowing him to figure it out. I liked how Josh just made himself at home, not in an overbearing since either. I also thought about how odd this predicament was. I was having two men over, who I only formally met yesterday, and now I was cooking them dinner and drinking with them.

"Where's that cat of yours?" Josh asked after digging around for a moment.

"I'm not sure, he'll come out pretty soon. He's loves attention." I said.

"This the same cat you two chased around the hall last night?" Jake asked.

"Yup, you should've seen Josh fall over." I laughed.

"You left that part out, Josh." Jake said, looking to his brother. Josh shot me a look, only causing me to laugh a bit.

"Do explain, Lynn." Jake edged, eager to hear more.

I explained it, much to Josh's displeasure, and Jake loved to hear it. Almost on cue, a meow rang through the room.

"There's the infamous Sergio." Josh said, now trying to act upset to see the cat.

"How do you manage to keep a cat? I thought we weren't supposed to have pets here." Jake asked.

"I don't tell anyone." I shrugged. "This was the only place I could tolerate, and I was not leaving him behind, so I made it work."