Chapter One: Changing Perspectives

The day was stretched, or maybe that was as it looked like when you're in office and gazing at the down pour of rain. Small beads rolled down to form a puddle at the end of the tall windows. The rustling of wind coupled with the heavy rain as they both seemed to make a havoc of nature itself. The window were sealed shut and yet, the drop in the temperature was enough to make one shiver from the breeze outside the office building. It was the kind of weather which almost made everyone want to leave office and go home to enjoy the day in the rain, only to get sick from the cold later.

Not even a single chilled breeze made it's way through the sealed building. It was the fourteenth floor, tall enough to reach the clouds if you imagined enough. Someone who was scared of heights would have a heart attack before even daring to peer down from the windows. It was no wonder the ride to the department to the ground floor felt like a mystical journey itself, even despite the fast working elevators. In the quiet department, accompanied by the thundering rain, were two lonesome individuals who let the silence linger for some more.

The brown-haired female gazed outside with a bored expression. It was an uneventful day. Nothing in office to do and no one to talk to. Speaking of that... her eyes widened slightly as she snapped her head back to see the carefree male standing behind, humming a gentle tune she didn't recognise. "You think..." She slowly begun, noticing how the male still didn't look up. "That she will come today? It's raining quite heavily, after all." She hesitantly mumbled with an undertone of worry, unsure of such weather would deter her usually hardworking boss to come to the office.

The humming stopped to a silent, questioning hum. The black-haired male looked up to meet with hazel eyes staring back at him. "Oh, she will," a smile touched his lips. "She is (Y/n), after all." He assured as his gaze lingered onto the rain which was increasing it's pace every passing minute. And alas, they both waited for the individual in the otherwise silent office.

...

Who knew it would rain so hard today?

The smell of fresh grass could be easily spotted from the open balcony door of the house. (Y/n) watched idly, stirring the spoon absently in her mug. Her own reflection blinked back, the tiny swirl which occurred from the stirring coming to a quick stop. It was early in the morning, rush hour for things such as universities and offices. And then suddenly, (Y/n) was woken up by the blazing thunder instead of her own annoying alarm.

She looked up at the time which seemed to go much slower in the rain. Well, surely I can afford to come late, no? She debated herself. Her boss was a strict individual (a heavy contrast to the kind of boss she was), but it would be stupid not to expect her to be late in such weather. But alas, while the (h/c)-haired woman was in fact quite easy on herself and others, work was something she never neglected...except sometimes.

I should ask Oliver if he's at office yet or not... With that thought, she got up to search for her phone. Her hands scrambled to find it before she realized that she left it in the bed room. The apartment was silent. Living alone wasn't that fun after years of doing so. It was an endless loop of forever, anyways. She dialed the number and waited patiently. He would pick up. Not once in her life did she remember that Oliver didn't pick up his phone. Was it because of how free he always was?

And like she predicted, the ringing soon came to an end. Almost immediately, a voice too sunny for this rainy season met her ears. "A very good morning to you, boss. How are you doing on this clear, sunny day?" He chirped brightly. His enthusiasm and positive attitude can't ever compare to hers. He was always so joyful.

She smiled at his comical behaviour. "Did you change countries or what? Because surely, we aren't living under the same sky today."

"Oh, don't worry. Even if we are far away, our hearts are still one." She rolled her eyes at his teasing. A flirt, he was. And with his boss, that is. But it wasn't like they had much age difference. In fact, she was younger than him yet he acted like he was twice as young as she was.