Chapter 26

Calming himself, "It'll be morning soon", Sanemi said, sitting beside Giyuu.

Giyuu hummed looking at the clouds. Sanemi looked at him. He looked really good in the moonlight.

Sanemi rested his head on Giyuu's shoulder, feeling Giyuu flinch and tense up. Sanemi laughed at the reaction. "Don't worry, I don't bite. Lemme rest for now.", Sanemi smiled, happy that Giyuu didn't push him.

Giyuu hummed remembering their fight with the uppermoon 2, moreover, he was too tired to argue now. Giyuu also closed his eyes and slept within some minutes with his head over Sanemi's.

Sanemi was still awake, he never expected so much skinship from Giyuu. He just thought about talking a little with Giyuu, well, just himself talking to Giyuu but this was beyond his expectations.

He slowly sat up, putting Giyuu's head on his own shoulder and wrapping a hand around Giyuu. He looked at the smaller Hashira beside him, sleeping, so calmly.

I want to be more than just friends with you, but it seems like there's still a long way to become even just friends with you. Why do have your boundaries so high? Will I even be alive to become your partner? Will you accept me? .... Sanemi thought.

He brushed off his thoughts, watching the crack of dawn, trying to cherish the moments with the other, pulling the smaller closed to himself, closing his eyes.

Soon both of them fell asleep beside each other, not caring about the world.

After some hours

Giyuu heard some whispers, as he slowly woke up, he saw Shinobu's face. He blinked his eyes a few time and as he was about to say something, Shinobu put her hand on his mouth and turned his face to side.

Giyuu saw that Sanemi was sleeping, holding him. Giyuu's eyes widened and he tried to stand up. Sanemi also woke up by the disturbance.

The first thing he saw was Shinobu whose hand was on Giyuu's mouth. He rolled his eyes at that and stood up after yawning, leaving Giyuu.

"Ara Ara ~ I told you Zenitsu kun, you should be quite.", Shinobu said now turning to Zenitsu who was behind her.

"I-I am sorry....", Zenitsu said, looking down.

"Anyways, I thought you both hated each other, Tomioka san, Shinazugawa san?", Shinobu turned to the men who were ready to leave.

"Shut the f*** up, Kocho!", Sanemi yelled and went inside. Shinobu's eye twitched and she turned to Giyuu.

Giyuu sighed and shrugged before going the same way as Sanemi.

"These two sure are difficult to handle....", Shinobu said and followed Giyuu.

After sometime, the 3 Hashiras and 5 younger demon slayers were in a room, discussing about the demon. (Giyuu, Sanemi and Shinobu) (Tanjiro, Inosuke, Zenitsu, Genya and Kanao)

"You should've sent Shinazugawa san's crow, Tomioka san, it would've been faster.", Shinobu said, after knowing she and Kanao were late.

Giyuu hummed at her, knowing his old crow was really slow.

Sanemi then said," The demon's an uppermoon and Muzan was here when Tanjiro was 'attacked' by the uppermoon."

"Shouldn't we leave? It's dangerous here!", Zenitsu said in a timid voice.

Everyone in the room glared at him and he shut up.

"It's a densely populated area, we don't know how many demons are hiding here", Giyuu said in his serious voice.

"Makes sense to me", Sanemi said.

"Let's plan to take all of them out then", Shinobu said with a creepy smile.

I am really sorry for delayed updates but I have school and I have 5 assignments to complete till Monday 🥲🤌