Chapter 19

A few hours earlier

Tanjiro and his group were in a town, coincidentally Giyuu was also in the town and they met. But suddenly, Tanjiro smelled a demon's presence.

"What is it?", Zenitsu asked Tanjiro who stopped on the way, while they were walking.

"I smell a demon....", Tanjiro said, sniffing the air.

"WHERE IS IT?! I'LL KILL IT!", Inosuke announced, looking everywhere.

"Are you sure?", Giyuu asked, clearly not being able to sense any demon.

"R-really?", Zenitsu timidly asked, hiding behind Giyuu.

"It's the one that killed my family! It's from my home!", Tanjiro yelled, shivering.

"What?", it was all Giyuu asked before suddenly there was a huge blast nearby.

"Come with me", Giyuu dragged Zenitsu and Inosuke, hoping Tanjiro would follow.

There was a huge fire in a school building. Giyuu without a thought rushed in with Inosuke, both of them helping the children inside to come out while Zenitsu checked on the survivers, too scared to go inside.

They were able to get the children out but Giyuu noticed that Tanjiro wasn't there. When the three of them evacuated the children, one woman came to them to thank them but Giyuu ignored everyone and rushed to where he left Tanjiro. Tanjiro wasn't there.

"Where's Gonpachiro?!", Inosuke asked Giyuu.

"He has left....", Zenitsu said, clearly shocked.

Giyuu was cursing himself, he shouldn't have left Tanjiro on his own, when he clearly knew that Tanjiro sensed the demon that killed his family.

15 minutes passed but none of them were able to find Tanjiro. Zenitsu was fully in panic while Inosuke was cluelessly running here and there yelling for Tanjiro.

The demon that killed his family, it was coming from his home .... His home .... Has he gone there?! Giyuu questioned himself, looking at the mountains far away.

Without a word, Giyuu dashed towards the mountains, remembering clearly where he found Tanjiro and Nezuko the first time.

End of flashback

After hearing all this Sanemi was too shocked to say anything," This means--"

He was cut off by Giyuu," A human helped the demon. We have high chances of finding Muzan there"

"But why is a human helping them?", Sanemi asked Giyuu.

Giyuu ignored his question and just looked forward.

"You arrogant f***", Sanemi said to Giyuu but Giyuu again didn't say anything.

"YOU--", Sanemi yelled and  turned to Giyuu but suddenly, he slipped on the snow on the mountain that he didn't notice and fell on Giyuu.

Both him and Giyuu slipped and fall off a cliff, Sanemi held Giyuu in his arms, securing him.

Both of them laid there, with Sanemi under Giyuu and Giyuu secured in the arms of Sanemi, as if he was a precious treasure.

Only grunts were heard but suddenly, they heard Zenitsu and Inosuke yelling.

"Tomioka san! Shinazugawa san! Are you both fine?!", Zenitsu yelled trying to look at them from above the cliff.

"Shut the f*** up, you Blondie!", Sanemi yelled while laying down, knowing Giyuu won't answer. But he realised, Giyuu was taking too much time to get up, when he looked at Giyuu he saw that Giyuu was looking around.

"What happened?", Sanemi asked slowly getting up a little to look around but this place was new, there was nothing in particular, just snow and trees.

".... This is the place where I met Tanjiro", Giyuu said, now standing up and taking out his sword. Sanemi rolled his eyes at that and stood up too.

"We have to go up", Giyuu said seriously to Sanemi.

"Hmm", Sanemi then looked at a tree which was near the cliff," We can use th--", before he could finish, Giyuu already jumped at the tree, swiftly going up the cliff.

".... Really?", Sanemi asked himself.