4

Remus glared at Colin who was basking in all the compliments as he closed the deal with the Zabini's. He looked at all the notes he made while he was up all night for the past week only for Colin to come in to swoop all the credit for the work he did.

His chair creaked as he got up for the office washroom. He opened the door and went in even if it reeked of piss and smoke. He exhaustively sighed he could really use a smoke right now. He looked in the mirror the bags under his eyes had gotten darker.

He hasn't caught a wink of sleep ever since he got here. He brought all of his belongings at his home, decorated his workspace with his knick knacks and pictures from back home. Yet he never felt like he belonged here. That years will pass and he will still remain a stranger.

He opened the tap and washed his face with the cold water. A sign that he had to get some rest. He sighed and quickly dried himself and got out of there before he passed out due the stench. When he walked out they were only few people now celebrating Colin's success. Others back to their work. He noticed Colin calling him and he walked towards him begrudgingly.

Colin patted his shoulder "Remus buddy, in the honor of me getting the client back I am hosting a party and you are invited as well"

Remus had to hold himself back from scoffing and smiled like this didn't bother him. How badly he wanted to knock Colin's teeth out. Is that illegal? Probably keep it a fantasy. Everyone cheered at the mention of the party. He hoped at least the food is good

It felt so stuffed in here. It felt like Colin had invited literally anyone he knew. Remus felt left out. He missed his friends more than anything. Sirius would have taken just one glance at him and leave the girl he was flirting with immediately. Or James would rub his shoulders and try to distract him. Lily would get him water and would banter with James to make Remus laugh.

His eyes teared up. He hated it here. He took a deep breath and tried to distract his mind. No he moved here for a better lifestyle, to make something for himself, to make his family and friends proud. He felt like he couldn't breath anymore. It felt like the house was getting smaller. The laughs of the guests echoing in his ears. His vision blurring. Someone held his hand. It was soft, felt familiar. The person led him outside of the home. Then he heard her voice as she rubbed his back gently.

His vision still blurry as her face becomes clearer. Her eyes. The world faded for Remus Lupin as he took her in. Her touch. Her voice. Her. It all felt so similar.

"Hey you alright?"

Her voice distracted him. He nodded as he tried to regain his breath. She softly smiled at him as she handed him a glass of water. Where did she get that from? He drank up the water and felt her eyes on him. Did she feel the same?

Y/n's jaw tightened as she closed the microwave door trying not to slam it. This is not the first time Colin had held a party at his home without her knowledge. This was no longer her home with how he treated her. The microwave beeped indicating the dish was done. She carefully took out and got it ready to serve the guests.

They thanked and complimented her on her cooking as they ate. She looked around trying to find Colin when she found a man standing in the corner. She noticed his chest heaving irregularly. She immediately took a glass of water and went towards him. She gently held his hand and led him outside. She gently rubbed his back. She realised he might be having a panic attack. She finally spoke up "Hey you alright?"

He looked up. Now she felt like she forgot how to breath. His eyes. His scars. Him. The world faded for Y/n L/n as she took him in. He felt so familiar.

His mouth slightly opened only for Colin to interrupt. Both of them were pulled out of...whatever they felt right now. Only glancing back at each other once before Y/n went to Colin.

Remus took a deep breath and said her name like she was a part of his haunting past..something he couldn't get rid of even if he wanted to. He felt like he lost a part of himself when she left with Colin. He just met her today why did he feel like this?

Y/n was in a daze. She tuned out whatever Colin was telling her. She tried to shake off this feeling and focus on him, her boyfriend of 5 years. Not on the man she just met. Did she meet him before?

No. She shook her head. She would have remembered someone like him. His eyes looked so gentle yet so somber. But his smile must be bright. She thought to herself and immediately went to the kitchen to make herself busy.

She is committing a sin. Thinking about another man while being committed to another. She is becoming the thing she hated the most. Her mind was running at the speed of a bullet train. How did she dream about him when she only met him today?

It didn't matter. She had to forget about him. Like he doesn't exist. Like she never saw him. His forest green eyes, his messy sandy blonde hair, his soft brown overused sweater that felt like....home.

She felt like running away never to look behind. She felt so guilty. Colin didn't deserve this. She looked out of his kitchen door watching him as he cachinnates with his friends. She sighed and got back to making snacks and beverages for the guests diverting her mind from the man