3

Y/n glanced at the wall clock. The clock hands showed it was 9:15 pm. She grew breathless as the clock continued to tick. Colin is usually home by 8:00 pm. She looked at the kitchen counter where the dinner was getting cold as time passed.

She ran her hand on her again. She had lost count of how many times she has run her hand against her hair. She paced her living room as her stomach grumbled from hunger. As she picked up her phone, she heard the garage door open. Y/n opened the door watching Colin come up to the door with a sullen look.

"Is everything alright?"

He didn't even look at her and went to their bedroom slamming the door, causing Y/n to yelp. She starts fidgeting and it got harder to breathe. Y/n doesn't know how long she has been standing there. Afraid that if she makes even a slight movement Colin will not like it. So, she just stands there waiting for him to come out.

It was 10:40 now. Y/n opened the cabinet and glanced at the packet of biscuit. She was about to reach for it but immediately retracted her hand and closed the cabinet. She walked towards the bedroom door her feet devoid of the slippers.

She took a deep breath and knocked gently on the door. "Colin. May I come in?"

She felt like a stranger in her own home. Nothing here felt hers anymore. Home. This place she calls home doesn't feel like a home anymore. When was the last time she truly relaxed and let go of her worries? When was the last time she felt like she was not a burden for merely existing.

She was brought in the reality when Colin finally opened the door. His blue eyes didn't look bright like they always did, his face paler than before. She stood by the door waiting for his permission to enter. He moves aside and she takes it as a sign to enter. She waits for him to sit on their bed before she sits beside him.

After a few minutes silence he speaks "did you eat?"

"No, I was waiting for you"

He nodded and was silent again, staring at the wall. There it was again that sound mocking her. The sound of clock ticking.

"I got them sales from the Zabini's but that fucker Adrian still gets praised"

Y/n opened her mouth but immediately closed it. She knew his work ethics but was also smart enough to not point it out. Colin's voice interrupted her train of thoughts again.

"If this goes on, he will snatch the position from me. I can't let that happen. Not when I have worked at this shit hole for 5 years."

Y/n distanced herself a bit from him. He had started to show clear signs of his temper rising. She learned this was the best way to avoid him lashing out at her. She hoped whoever was working under him had enough patience for him.

Remus felt like his whole body was on fire but there was no fire. He heard a feminine voice calling his name. He isn't sure she really did but that voice felt familiar. He felt her hands on his chest, it was so dark he couldn't see her properly.

He saw her e/c eyes laced with tears, her eyes gracing the moonlight. He couldn't see the rest of her face but felt the pressure of her hands on his chest. She looked so vulnerable he wanted to comfort her but he couldn't get up. He couldn't even lift his hand.

He felt his throat burning and woke up with a gasp. This was a dream. He gingerly got up from his bed and went to his kitchen to get water. He sat on the floor after he poured water into his glass. The cold floor sent shivers up his spine.

He exhaled as he ran his hand over his face. The same dream kept haunting him. The woman with e/c eyes and h/c hair trying to save him from plunging into darkness. He doesn't know her yet she feels familiar. He feared closing his eyes now. He didn't want to see her if he couldn't even hold her.

These were the moments he felt alone. Not that he is surrounded by people. He has lost touch with his friends and didn't have a lasting relationship. Not when that woman keeps reappearing in his dreams. He is not sure if he has met someone like her yet she is the one he dreams about a lot. It seems like even his subconscious brain is taunting him for his loneliness. He just wanted to be held

He saw the digital clock sitting on the counter. The red glow of the clock showed it was past 2 am. Remus begrudgingly got up from the floor. He had to go to sleep because he had a long day tomorrow. He carefully walked on the cold, creaking wooden floor as he made his way towards his bed.

As he sat on his bed his lower back ached again. 4 days until the full moon. He missed his friends dearly, and he regretted moving out of his hometown. He missed his best friends, and he thought taking this job and moving out will make things better for him. Although he was getting the work done, he still missed his friends. He held his pillow and cried himself to sleep hoping it gets better.