[ in which they ditch class ]

Start from the beginning

At her words, the whole class erupted into laughter. Sydney glanced over at Liam, who's face was buried into his jacket, his ears a bright shade of red due to laughter. She smiled, her heart swelling with pride, and turned back to the sub. Even he had a slight smile on his face, and he nodded rather reluctantly.

"Fine, you may go. Hurry back."

Sydney immediately rose from her seat, doing her best to act as if she had a full bladder, and quickly exited the room, slamming the door shut behind her. She leaned against the lockers right outside the door, waiting patiently for Liam to come up with some miserable excuse to be dismissed from class. Taking advantage of her supernatural hearing, Sydney decided to listen to what was going on in the classroom. It was silent for a moment, except for the occasional squeak of a mechanical pencil and the click of a pen. But then she heard the sound of a chair squeaking against the hard floor, and an overly-exaggerated gagging sound.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Liam's strained voice spoke from the classroom. She heard the sound of footsteps across the floor and a moment later the door opened. Liam stepped out, clutching his stomach with his face distorted in fake pain. He closed the door behind him, and as soon as he was out of view from the window beside the door, he straightened up, flattening his ruffled shirt and smiling at Sydney. He reached out and grabbed her hand in his, entwining their fingers before pulling her towards the closest exit of the school.

Sydney sat beside Liam on the bleachers by the lacrosse field, their shoulder brushing against each other occasionally. They sat in silence- not an awkward one, but more of a comfortable silence. A cool breeze blew, causing Sydney to shiver, despite her supernatural body heat. She wrapped her arms around her chest in attempt to conserve her body heat.

"Are you cold?" Liam turned to look at the girl beside him. He could practically feel the heat coming off of her, and yet she still shivered from the cool breeze. He couldn't help but worry that she was growing sick. She turned to look at him, her hazel eyes shining in the sunlight as her gaze locked with his.

"A little," she admitted sheepishly, pulling the sleeves of her hoodie over her small, pale hands. Liam's lips curled into a small smile and he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him so that her head rested on his shoulder. Liam was never the type of guy that knew how to act around girls- he had only had one or two girlfriends in his entire life. He just did whatever felt right, and that included keeping a girl warm, no matter how awkward it may be. Though Sydney didn't seem to feel the least bit awkward. She smiled against his shoulder, breathing in the scent of his aftershave, already feeling herself starting to warm up.

"So," Liam spoke softly, his shoulder vibrated against her cheek as he did so. "About Stiles and Scott... what the hell is wrong with them?"

Sydney pursed her lips and hesitated a moment. She knew that the topic would eventually be brought up between the two- as Stiles was her own brother- but she didn't expect it right then. "Listen, Stiles and Scott may not be very... sane-"

"Tell me about it," Liam muttered and, though she couldn't see his face, she knew he was rolling his eyes.

"Just listen," Sydney nudged him lightly- which was actually quite hard due to her supernatural strength. "What they are doing to you, no matter how crazy and psychotic it seems, they're only doing it to help you. I may not agree with their actions, but I do understand why they are doing them. And soon you will, too."

Liam pursed his lips and nodded, though said nothing more on the subject. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked the time; Sydney felt him tense underneath her and she guessed that it was nearly time for class change.

"The bell will be ringing in a few minutes," Liam spoke reluctantly. Honestly, he was enjoying Sydney's company, a lot. He felt a strange longing towards the girl, as if some invisible force was pulling him towards her. He just couldn't keep his eyes off of her beautiful face, whether it was the back of her head or the side of her face. He often found himself zoning out in the middle of class, staring at the beautiful girl as she payed attention to the lesson. This earned him a lot of teasing from Mason, though he didn't exactly mind. He had already told his best friend exactly how he felt about the girl, which only caused Mason to tease him even more.

Shaking his head lightly, Liam reluctantly pulled away from Sydney, unwrapping his arm from around her and standing up. He held his hand out to her, which she gladly took as he pulled her to a standing position beside him. He slowly helped her down the bleachers, watching her carefully to make sure she didn't slip and fall on the wet metal. Once they were both on the dewy grass by the lacrosse field, he released his hand from hers, shooting her a mischievous smirk.

"I'll race you."

Sydney raised an eyebrow at him and scoffed playfully, "Oh, please. You're so on."

Without giving Liam a chance to process her words, she took off at a fast pace towards the school, her musical laugh filling the air around them. Liam stood dumbfounded for a moment before he shook his head and took off after the girl. He caught up to her almost immediately, where he slowed his pace slightly and ran alongside her as they neared the school. Sydney glanced over at the boy beside her, sending him a sly smirk before pushing him harshly, causing him to stumble. Letting out a startled gasp, Liam grabbed onto her arm, pulling her to the ground with him and causing her to land on top of him.

Their faces only inches apart, the pair stared at each other in a stunned silence, before erupting into a fit of laughter. Sydney buried her face into Liam's shirt, her shoulders shaking with laughter. She heard his heartbeat quicken as she allowed herself to relax against him, putting all her body weight onto him- which wasn't very much, as she was a small girl. Liam found himself laughing with her, wrapping his arms around her small frame and resting his chin on the top of her head.

"That hurt me," she whined, her voice muffled by the fabric of his shirt. Liam chuckled, his chest vibrating against her cheek.

"That's what you get for trying to trip me," he said. "Whenever I fall, I'm bringing you down with me, Syd."

Sydney lifted her head, surprised to see his bright blue eyes only inches away from her own. She could feel his breath on her own face, and she couldn't help the smile that formed on her lips, the feeling of butterflies forming in the pit of her stomach.

"We'd better get back," she said lightly. "We still have to gather our things from algebra, and the sub probably isn't too happy with us."

Liam nodded in agreement, though he didn't release his grip from around her waist. Instead, he pulled the two of them into a standing position, his lips shyly brushing the skin of her cheek whilst doing so. He grabbed her hand in his, shooting her a wide grin before the two of them began heading back towards the school.

>>

// OKAY THIS CHAPTER WAS JUST SO FREAKING CUTE. I GOT SO MANY FEELS WHILST WRITING THIS AND I HAD TO STOP TO HAVE A MINI FANGIRL SESSION SEVERAL TIMES.

I need a ship name for Liam and Sydney... I was thinking make Sydiam or Lydney. Comment and let me know what you think their ship name should be bc they are just too cute :3 \\