Chapter 44 - Fight

After awhile of looking up at the stars, me and Johnny went over to the Curtis house. It was pretty late so we were both hoping that someone would come to the door. We knocked on the door and crossed our fingers. We heard footsteps come to the door and we were relieved when Pony opened the door. We both went inside and hung out for awhile before going to sleep.

The Saturday morning at the Curtis house played out the same as usual. I woke up on the couch with Johnny sleeping across from me, a big blanket covered us both. I got up early and ended up helping Darrel out with making breakfast. We all ate pancakes and fried eggs together at the dining table and talked for a bit. After breakfast me and Soda did the dishes and hung out for a while. By noon, the gang came into the house, one by one, including Matilda.

Dallas showed up last. "Hey Dally." I greeted him with a smile. He looked at me for a second and then ignored me. I was confused, he looked mad or annoyed, I wasn't sure what I had done. I would try to come up to him every once and awhile but all he would do was walk away. I went up to Dallas one more time. "Leave me alone!" Dallas yelled as he walked off. I finally gave up on trying to talk to him after that. "What the hell is wrong with him?" I quietly asked myself as I walked away. I plopped myself down on the couch and sat in thought. I spaced out for awhile.

"Y/n, Y/n, Y/n." I snapped out of my thoughts as Matilda was shaking me. "What? What?" I asked as I swatted her away. "We're leaving." Matilda said. "Oh..." I trailed off. I slowly sat up from the couch and wiped the fake dust off of my pants. I looked to the clock, it was about 1:30 in the morning. I grabbed my jacket and watched Matilda and Soda head out the door. I began following then stopped and looked to Dallas. He quickly turned his head away as I looked at him. I sighed as I followed Soda out the door.

I threw my jacket over my shoulder as we walked to the car and got in. We drifted off and headed south. I sat in thought through the whole car ride while Soda and Matilda talked. When we got home we went through the front door quietly and up the stairs. I flopped into my bed and laid in thought until I went to sleep.

~

Several weeks went by and most days me and Matilda would go to the Curtis house. Dallas still ignored me, every second of the day I would try and talk to him but all he'd do is walk away. I got more and more frustrated with him every time he'd ignore me, until I finally had enough.

"Dallas." I said angrily as I approached him. He quickly tried to walk away but before he could take one step I grabbed his wrist and spun him around. I dragged him as best as I could out the front door. I slammed the door behind me after I threw him to the porch. "What the hell is wrong with you!?" I yelled as I pointed my finger at him. "I-I..." He stuttered. "Why are you ignoring me?!" I asked loudly as I crossed my arms. He stayed silent. "I keep trying to talk to you but all you do is walk away!" I yelled. "What the hell did I do?!" I asked angrily. He put his head down and stayed silent.

I stayed silent, trying to let him talk. I got more frustrated with him when he wouldn't explain himself. I had enough and I ran up to him. I grabbed the collar of his jacket and got in his face. "Tell me!" I yelled as tears began welling up in my eyes. I let go of him and backed away. "You..." He trailed off. He stayed silent. "I can't do this." I said, annoyed as I threw my hands in the air. "I-I." He stuttered. I stormed off and aggressively opened the car door before getting inside of it. I didn't know exactly how to drive but I tried my best and drifted off in anger. I gripped the steering wheel annoyed.

Tears began falling down my cheeks as I drove. I thought of what I had just done, I overreacted and I hated it. I never liked yelling at people, especially Dallas. I loved Dallas and I completely blew it with him. It's not like I would ever have a chance with him anyway, but I wish I hadn't been so harsh with him. I gripped the steering wheel harder as I became more angry with myself. I grew more and more angry and sad as I arrived at my house. I aggressively slammed the car door as I got out and ran into the house. I quickly sprinted up the stairs and swung open my bedroom door. I threw myself on my bed and screamed into my pillow.

I cried for what felt like years, my face and eyes were red and my cheeks were stained with tears. I eventually calmed down after awhile and sat in my bed, thinking. Thinking of what had just happened between me and Dallas. I silently stared at the wall for awhile. I was so focused on thinking that I couldn't even blink. I spaced out while I heard it begin to rain.

"Y/n?" I snapped out of my thoughts and jerked my head to the door. I blinked a couple of times and looked at the person in the doorway, it was Matilda. She leaned against the doorway with concern in her eyes. "Did you take my car?" She asked as she approached me. I giggled. "Yeah." I said, sniffling. She chuckled. "Are you alright? You stormed off pretty quickly." She stated. I shook my head as she sat down next to me on the edge of the bed. She put her hand to my back and comforted me.

"What happed with you and Dallas?" She asked with a sad look on her face. "How do you know it's about Dallas?" I asked, crossing my arms. She giggled. "Well, you dragged him out the door and screamed your head off. So that's how I know it's about him." She said. I giggled and playfully nudged her in the shoulder.

"He's been ignoring me a lot lately. I don't know what in the world I did to him." I said. She sighed. "Maybe you should talk to him. Ask him what you did wrong." She said softly. "That's what I've been trying to do." I said loudly as I threw my hands in the air. She chuckled. "Just... try again." She said. I sighed. "Fine, I will tomorrow." I said. She patted my back before she left the room.