VII,

➤ A Little Moment Together

Tahani slowly wakes up, bathed in the warm rays of sunlight filtering through the maru'i. She feels a heaviness on her chest and opens her eyes to discover Tuk, deeply asleep on top of her. She can't help but smile at his peaceful little face.

Turning slightly, Tahani sees Kiri lying beside her, also fast asleep. The two Sully children seem to have found a comfortable cozy nest on Tahani.

Curious, Tahani glances around and notices Loak perched on one of the beams of the maru'i. She notices that he is also asleep but emitting light snoring sounds, which makes her smile again.

The scene before Tahani is both endearing and amusing. She feels lucky to have met them. She decides to enjoy this moment of calm and tenderness by staying a little longer in bed, lulled by Tuk's purring.

About an hour later, Tahani sees Jake and Neteyam enter the room, carrying freshly prepared food. Neteyam quickly notices that Tahani is awake and gives her a knowing smile so as not to wake the other sleeping Sully. However, the sun is rising higher in the sky, and its rays gradually fill the room, gently but fully illuminating it.

The first rays of light caress the sleeping faces of Tuk, Kiri, and Loak, slowly awakening them. Tuk lets out a small yawn, stretching his arms, while Kiri rubs her eyes and gets up to stretch. Loak, on the other hand, grumbles and complains, a sign that he is now awake too.

Tahani watches with amusement as the scene unfolds before her. She understands their concern but also feels touched by their support.

"You should stay lying down," Jake orders her, looking at her.

Tahani smiles at Jake's attention and affection. She understands their concern but also feels touched by their support. Despite Jake's protests, she slowly gets up from the bed, reassuring everyone about her health.

"I'm fine, really," she assures them, holding Tuk in her arms. "I feel rested and ready to enjoy this day with all of you."

She thanks Jake for his concern but reminds him that she needs to move and resume her usual activities. Kiri, still full of energy, offers to prepare breakfast, which is welcomed with enthusiasm by Tahani and Tuk.

Together, they sit on the floor, where Kiri begins gathering the ingredients to prepare a delicious meal. Tahani sits beside her, with Tuk on her lap, under the watchful eye of Jake and the sulking gaze of Loak, and the amused gaze of Neteyam.

Tahani takes care of cleaning and preparing the fish, ensuring to remove scales and innards. She then cuts it into pieces, ready to be cooked.

Tuk, on the other hand, takes care of the seaweed, rinsing it carefully to remove any salt residue. She then cuts it into thin strips, ready to be incorporated into the dish.

Kiri takes charge of the crustaceans, skillfully peeling and shelling them. She prepares them in different ways, some grilled, others poached, to offer a variety of flavors and textures.

Once the ingredients are prepared, they start cooking, using spices and fresh herbs to enhance the flavors. The enticing aroma spreads throughout the maru'i, catching the attention of the men.

Finally, the meal is ready, and everyone gathers in a circle, allowing them to share a delicious feast, savoring each bite with gratitude and happiness.

This moment of sharing and conviviality strengthens the bonds between the girls and the Sully, creating precious memories that will be etched in their hearts.

The rest of the day promises to be filled with moments of complicity and shared happiness. Tahani feels deeply grateful to have the Sully by her side, a family that supports her and makes her happy. She savors every moment spent with them, aware of how lucky she is to have them in her life.

 She savors every moment spent with them, aware of how lucky she is to have them in her life