IV,

➤ The Starry Night

➤ The Starry Night

After showing Jake around, that evening she walked away to be alone with her thoughts. Sitting at the edge of the reef, she gazed at the dark and turbulent ocean. The sound of the waves crashing against the rocks echoed in her ears, reminding her of the power and beauty of Pandora's nature.

Suddenly, a shooting star streaked across the sky, briefly illuminating the night. Tahani had never seen such a star before. Intrigued, she began to imagine a different life she could have had.

Lost in her thoughts, she heard a noise behind her. She quickly turned around to find Kiri. Surprise appeared on her face.

Kiri approached Tahani slowly, as if wanting to say something. Kiri bit her lip, looking pensive.

Without hesitation, Tahani invited her to sit beside her.

"You can sit next to me, Kiri, I won't harm you, don't worry," Tahani said calmly as she watched Kiri settle down beside her.

"I'm sorry," Kiri said, looking at the water in front of her.

"Why are you apologizing?" Tahani asked, "You haven't done anything that warrants an apology."

"I shouldn't have been like that with you..." she paused, "Ever since we arrived here, Tuk and even Papa are happy and smiling, whereas..." Kiri then shed a tear, and Tahani comfortingly embraced her. Kiri began to cry in the older sister's arms.

"Hush, it's okay, you don't have to tell me, I'm not here to replace anyone, okay... everything is fine," Tahani said, rocking her. "All the people we lost are still here, around us, in our hearts, but also with Eywa. I'm sure she is very proud of you and the woman you're becoming."

"Tsireya told us that you are a gift from Eywa... Do you also... have a connection with her?" Kiri asked in a small, hesitant voice.

"Yes, you are not alone, and you know, Eywa didn't give us our gifts for nothing. There is a reason behind it, and you have to find it for yourself. You are an important person for Pandora," Tahani smiled, wiping away the younger girl's tears. "Now, go back to your Marui before everyone starts worrying and panicking."

Kiri gave her a small smile and headed towards her home, leaving Tahani rubbing her tired face.

"How much longer do you plan on staying with those demons? They are bad for our clan and dangerous," a man's voice said sharply.

"You're just jealous, Etahì. Their father is a former olo'eyktan and Toruk Makto," Tahani rolled her eyes at her old friend.

"I'm just warning you, don't count on me to help if something happens," the man said coldly.

"Luckily for me, I am a very capable warrior, and by the way, I know who I can talk to and what I can do. Now, you should leave before you turn into a demon yourself," she said ironically and coldly.

The male sighed in exasperation and walked towards the dwellings, leaving her deep in thought.

"Why do I feel good with this family...? I feel like I belong with them, just a part of me," Tahani said to herself.

? I feel like I belong with them, just a part of me," Tahani said to herself