Chapter 2- The Bookshop

I found myself standing in front of the bookstore.

"Do you need help with arranging these books on shelves?" my eyes went wide at the question. Is he for real? The great Alexander Anderson, the one with the same IQ as Einstein is asking if I need any sort of help.

"Wh..." I went speechless as I turn to look at him making his way towards the door. "I never asked you to help me, and why do you..." then I saw the familiar key in his hands, holding a huge carton in one monster-sized hand of his, he opened the store. "And why do you have the keys to my store?" I turned to look at him and felt my breathing stuck with the beauty of his sun-kissed face.

"Last time I checked you, a person like you cannot bear the weight of this carton." Speechless, don't mind me he just looks so ho... homeless yeah, homeless. "About the keys, Kevin gave me this while you were on your way to pick this." He said raising the carton a little for me to understand what thing he was referring to.

"I see." I just followed him inside the store like a lost puppy. Suddenly he stopped in his track and I look at where he was staring, it was mine and Vin's pictures Vin put on the wall to decorate the café area we have in store, right in front of the counter. The remaining hall was filled with bookshelves.

"What happened?" I whispered thinking he gets affected by our photos.

"Waiting for you to tell me, where should I drop this shit at." What the ... I took a long breath trying to control my anger at his sudden change of attitude.

"Near shelf number nineteen, thank you."

"Keep your thank you for shits." Damn him and his short, arrogant and rude replies. He made his way towards the computer section on shelves. Come back with a thick book in his hands, something about gadgets again I guess. I started arranging books on the shelf thinking he went back.

After an hour I came back to the front side of the shop I was surprised to see that he was still there, sitting on one of the chairs near the coffee counter. It was like he sensed me. He raised his gaze from the book to me.

"Delilah, I need a cup of black coffee." I raised my brow at what he just called me.

"Get it yourself, Vin is not here yet to make coffee for you."

"You don't know how to make coffee?" I turned away to hide the embarrassment hanging on my face.

"Doesn't matter since I don't drink coffee."

"What about your boyfriend?" he shoots right after I said.

"Since when mister CEO is interested in my personal life?" I rose a dusting cloth in my hand towards him, for him to understand I was talking about him.

That's when Vin entered the shop. "What you guys are arguing about?" Alex tusked at his brother.

"We weren't arguing." Vin let out a full laugh at my statement.

"You..." he points his finger towards me then turned his hands towards his brother "... and this guy was not arguing? Why do I find this so hard to believe?" he chuckled, and that's when I race towards him trying to beat the shit out of him, he started running towards Alex.

"Come out you piece of meat" I huffed a bit. The cloth I was dusting with throwing it towards him but he pulling Alex in front of him made it all worst, the cloth landed on Alex, I can only imagine what was going to happen now.

I heard a bell tinged indicating someone entered the store, a girl with slim and tall model figures all dressed in black was standing near the door, fine face with make-up on, her jet black long hair tied in a ponytail, her black turtle neck pullover neatly tucked in her black high waist jeans with a pair of shiny black heels was making her look like a Marvel movie character.