Chapter 1 - Family

"Are you awake yet?" I asked Vin through my phone while making braids of my wavy coffee-brown hair.

"Who do you think answering this call, little shit?" He shouting 'yes mom' in the background was heard. "Mom called you for breakfast Come fast." After that, he hung up. I am sure he went to sleep again.

Aunt Emma never forgets about me when it comes to food. After Oli's death, I never ate alone. Uncle Joseph insisted on me living with them but I didn't feel like doing that. Then again getting free meals three times a day was more than enough.

By the time I went to Andersons' everyone was there. Aunt Emma, Uncle Joseph and Kevin were seated on their usual chairs waiting for me. I went towards the only sit remaining besides Kevin but before I could reach there a tall, tattooed, muscular figure sat on it. I took slow and steady steps towards the dining table heartbeat increasing with each step I took, praying that the person isn't the one I am thinking he is.

"Little duck! Come quickly I am starving." With that, the man turned his head towards me. I felt my heart missing a few beats. Beautiful, that's how one should describe Alex. Dark hair messed up like he had run his hands through them millions of times, his clean shaved face making him look more imitating than he was, black doe eyes like thunder on a rainy day waiting to pour all anger through the help of water, those grey sweat pants hanging on his waist, black t-shirt revealing his muscular veiny arms for everyone to see what a living masterpiece he is. His tattooed right arm did nothing but make my situation worse than anyone dying from a cardiac arrest, his lip and eyebrow piercing pierced through my heart. Then I noticed he got two new tattoos on the knuckles of his right hand. That's the thing; even if I don't want to I notice every small thing about him. I sighed looking away from him, ignoring my bleeding heart and growing obsession with him.

"Good morning, everyone! Hope you have a great day" I greeted them with my brightest smile like I usually do.

"You too, Lilah." Aunt Emma smiled at me while busy serving breakfast as I stand there awkwardly cause my seat was already taken by the six-foot-three-tall monster.

"Why are you standing kid, have a seat." Uncle Joseph said focusing on his newspaper like always. At this time Kevin turned to look at me. I gave him my weird smile at which he scrunched his nose.

"Alexander, go get yourself another chairman, that's Duck's usual sit," Vin said looking at me with reassuring eyes as his brother turned his gaze from his phone to between Vin and me.

"This table is for family." Ouch! That hurts.

"She is family," Vin said firmly getting angry at his brother's comment, he knew how small things affected me. Vin was the best kind friend one could ever ask for.

"I don't think so."

"It's okay Vin." Alex and I spoke at the same time.

"Shut it, Alex, I know you want to be alone for some time doesn't mean you'll be mean to Lilah for no reason, say sorry to her." Aunt Emma raised her voice a bit.

"Sorry." Was all Alex said before shooting a glare my way? "But there is no way I am letting her sit on our family's dining table." Bastard. I narrowed my eyes at him, making my way towards Aunty before anyone could say another word I took my plate giving Aunt a sheepish smile.

"It's okay, Em, I'll sit on the couch besides I want to watch cars three." I made an excuse as quickly as possible.

"Oh, sure go ahead, sweet" She smiled knowingly. "Kevin, where are you going?" I didn't notice Vin getting up from his seat.

"I also want to watch cars three." He said being serious which is not his normal behavior. I take it he is angry.

"When did he come back from his most dangerous assignment ever?" I asked not being able to stop my curiosity about him.