26 - ᴇɴᴅᴇᴀᴠᴏʀ'ꜱ ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ

Start from the beginning

I observed the room. The style was strictly Japanese and rather minimalistic but there was still enough of the wooden furniture to make the room have a cozy vibe to it.

My eyes stopped on the clock. I still had around 5 minutes before I had to be back in the lobby of the agency. A door opened down the hall. I stood up at the sound and peeked out of my own only to see Todoroki walking down the hall.

He noticed me. "Are you ready?" he asked.

I nodded wordlessly before joining him, making sure to close my door and memorize where my room was as we walked. I noticed that Todoroki had changed his hero costume. It now resembled our PE uniform more than anything.

I had changed mine, too, and my color palette had lost gray, leaving me in only black and white. I had switched my gray leggings for black jeans better suited for combat and I wore no jacket, the sleeves of my skin tight white shirt going just until my wrists. I also wore a pair 0f long black gloves, the material strong but light and not too thick so I could easily use my quirk through them. My boots were mostly black but there were occasional stripes of white on them and the soles were white, too.

I snapped out of my thoughts as we exited the elevator and saw Endeavor waiting for us. He was satisfied enough with our appearance to gesture for us to follow him as he spoke. "Today and tomorrow I'll train you. Then we'll get to actual hero work in Hosu so you can put your new skills into practice."

He glanced back at us. "Understood?"

"Yes, sir," I said, tired of staying silent. Todoroki nodded, mumbling an agreement under his breath.

"Great." Endeavor nodded and opened the training room door for us. "As you've already warmed up, we'll get to the point right away." He observed us for a moment before continuing. "I want you two to spar, no holding back."

Todoroki and I took fighting stances immediately.

"Oh, and, L/n." I looked up. "Don't dodge the flames. I want you to do what you did at the Sports Festival."

My eyes widened. I knew what he wanted me to do but I wasn't sure if I could. "But I don't know how to—"

"It's your quirk, you will figure it out."

I huffed but looked back to Todoroki, a signal that I was ready. Todoroki charged with his ice and I stumbled as energy radiated off of me, breaking the ice's flow.

"Keep a steady stance! Your opponent can and will use your moment of weakness!" Endeavor commented from the sidelines and I put the instructions to practice, already steadier for the next wave of ice that I dodged by jumping.

The floor was covered in ice as I landed and I almost lost my footing. Luckily, my boots held their own against the ice due to the way they were made and I stayed standing.

Todoroki was panting, his breath fogging into the air, and I couldn't deny the fact that most of my energy was being used to keep my fingertips from freezing.

"Don't hold back," Endeavor reminded, probably hinting that Todoroki should use his flames sooner rather than later.

I looked at the flame hero and felt the energy and warmth radiating off of him due to his quirk.

Todoroki raised his left hand.

"Flames are naturally destructive, so you have to make sure to control them well, Shoto," Endeavor instructed his son.

My heart skipped a beat as the flames danced towards me. My skin felt as if it was burning and the heat was just too much.

I panicked and rolled out of the way, the flames extinguishing a second later.