🏒| CHAPTER 12

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

This is the last practice until the end of the semester. My time here at Michigan went by faster than I would've liked it to. It was now winter, and the campus was covered in a white sheet of snow.

Luke kept suggesting that he wanted us to spend the holidays together and how much it would mean to him. Us spending Christmas together was inevitable and he knew that. With our families being the closest of friends, we were bound to spend it together.

Jasmin, Hayden, and I were doing stretching exercises before practice actually started. "What're your plans for the break?" Jasmin asked Hayden and I.

Hayden smiled, "I'm going home with Rutger for the holidays. He said his parents are very excited to meet me."

"That's adorable," Jasmin gushed. She then turned to me and nodded her head. "What about you, Jocelyn? Are you heading to Luke's?"

I giggled as I stopped my jumping jacks. "Sort of. Our parents are best friends so we'll be spending a lot of time together out there. Now that we're a couple, our parents are gonna plan more things together."

Jasmin laughed again, "You guys really don't get tired of saying it do you?"

"Nope." I answered with a wide smile on my face. "It doesn't get old."

"Jocelyn," a voice interjected. I turned around and saw Valerie's snake eyes glaring into mine. I eyed her up and down with a snarl on my face. "I want to talk to you."

"Okay?" I answered with sarcasm. I continued stretching out while keeping my gaze on her. I knew if I had to listen to one more thing she might say, I'd be ready to kill her. But I already had one warning, I didn't need another one.  I just needed her to stop talking.

Valerie crossed her arms over her chest. "I just want to tell you that you win." She paused to make sure I heard her. "Everyone on the team hates me. You and Luke are officially dating. You win."

My mouth dropped open. "No, no I don't think I'm winning anything," I responded calmly. My hands were now on my hips as I glared at her once again.

"Yes, yes, you are. Your relationship with Luke is perfect. And I hate that too." She replied in an emotionless tone. "You two are always smiling at each other, holding hands... and it drives me insane."

I stared at her in shock. Was she being serious? "I love Luke, and he loves me. We have been dating for three months now. It would seem pretty normal to me to hold his hand, hug him when we sleep, or even kiss him every day." I glanced back at Hayden and Jasmin, they shared the same expression as me. Shocked and confused. "So you're here to talk to me about my relationship instead of apologizing?"

Valerie just stood there with her arms still crossed and a frown on her face.

Jasmine spoke up first. "Wow, Val. That's a new low.  She shook her head slowly in disbelief. "For the record, what you did was not okay. None of this stuff you just did with Jocelyn is okay." Her voice began rising in volume as she got worked up.

"Jasmin," Hayden interfered. She grabbed her shoulder and calmed her down.

I looked back at Valerie, "Leave me alone."  I turned back and finished stretching out.  "I am done with this conversation, Val. Please leave me alone."

"Fine," she mumbled, but left without further complaint. As soon as she did, I could feel Hayden and Jasmine giving me proud looks.  They weren't used to see me stand up for myself like that and it made me swell inside. It felt good.

...

Hayden was out with Rutger which left me alone in the dorm room. I decided to invite Luke over so we could watch a movie. He was almost here and he picked up food on the way. I was still in my room, just getting some work done before he got here. I wasn't dressed up fancy or anything. I was just wearing shorts and a hoodie.

I heard Luke knock at the door so I got up from my bed and went to answer it. I walked out of my room and opened the front door. There stood Luke with a bag of Chipotle. I smiled widely, "Hey."

"Hey," he replied. He pecked a kiss on my lips before walking past me. "I got you a barbacoa bowl." He placed the bag down on the small counter and started pulling everything out.

"Thanks!" I grabbed my bowl. He also got chips, queso, and he got himself a quesadilla. "Do you want to watch the movie in my room?" I offered. He nodded his head. The two of us settled down on my bed with our food. I pulled out my laptop and pulled up HBO Max. "What are we watching?"

"Oh, um," Luke thought about it for a few seconds. Then a grin broke out across his face. "Well, what do you want to watch?"

I hummed while scrolling through the options. My eyes immediately landed on Coraline. I didn't even know they had that on there. "What about Coraline?"

"What's that?" he asked. "I've never seen it."

"Really? It's one of my favorites," I commented. I started the movie and took the top off my bowl. While the beginning of the movie played, I thought about what Valerie said earlier. How jealous she was about Luke and I instead of apologizing for chucking me in the back of the legs. I glanced over at Luke who was staring at the screen, "Valerie walked up to me today."

His focus was immediately taken off the screen and onto me as he paused the movie. "What?" he sounded concerned.

"Yeah, she came up to me and told me that I won because I'm dating you and how the whole team hates her. She also said how she hated how perfect our relationship was," I explained. "Jasmin yelled at her because she didn't even try apologizing." I sighed heavily.

"She's crazy. Why wouldn't she just apologize?" Luke asked. He sat up straighter and turned towards me. "Did anyone say anything else?"

"Nah," I muttered. "She just walked away after Jasmin yelled at her."

Luke shrugged. He leaned forward on his elbows, resting them on his knees. Then he scooted a little closer to me until our shoulders touched. His head was slightly tilted sideways, waiting for me to continue speaking.

"So anyway," I started again. "When do you go home for Christmas?" I asked before taking a bite from my bowl. We planned to drive up since our family didn't live too far from the Canada border.

He gave me a quick glance before turning back to look at the laptop. A second later he responded with, "Next week."

A small grin made its way on my face. "Great. Now I can finally introduce you as my boyfriend to my moms." I teased lightly.

Luke let out a laugh. "Are your moms going to freak out at the sight of me?"

I rolled my eyes as I put the empty bowl on the coffee table. "I mean, yeah. Especially my mother. She's been waiting for us to start dating since we were kids"

A smirk played across his lips. "Yeah. Mine too."

The two of us stayed there, cuddling on my bed while watching the movie. Luke fell asleep first while I was just thinking. About how happy I was. About how much fun he makes me feel when we are together and how lucky I feel to finally be with him.

A/N; I AM SO SORRY FOR MISSING THE PAST COUPLE UPLOADS!!! only 1 chapter left until this story is finished!! love u all sm