⛸️| CHAPTER 4

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

The three of us pulled up to the party a little after 8:30. There was not a long line yet, so Luke was probably right. We made our way to the line and waited for a bit. When we made it to the front, Nolan smiled at us. "Hey, hey! Hayden and Jocelyn. What's up?"

"Hey," I smiled. I pulled out my phone and pulled up the invitation Luke forwarded to me. "This is Asher! We've been besties since high school." I pulled up the other invitation for Asher and showed it to Nolan.

He moved out of the way and let us in. We waited for Hayden before making our way over to the kitchen so we could get some drinks.

The first person we bumped into was Ethan. "Ethan, hey!" Hayden said, pulling him into the hug. "Thank you so much for giving me an invite, it means a lot to Rutger and I."

"Yeah, no problem." Ethan then turned his attention to me. "What's up, Jocelyn?" He pulled me into a side hug and looked over at Asher. "Oh shit, you're on the baseball team right? I'm Ethan." He held out his hand to shake.

"Yeah, I'm Asher." Asher smiled as he took a hold of his hand and shook it. We stood around for a bit before Luke came up from behind me and tackled me with a hug.

"Ah!" I screamed and turned around before slapping him playfully. "You motherfucker!"

"Sorry!" Luke laughed. I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help smiling. "Oh, some of the baseball players are looking for you, Asher."

"Ah, shit. Alright," he said and winked at me. "Don't have too much fun!" He ran off to go find his teammates.

Luke looked back at me and smiled, "So, you wanna go get some drinks?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure!" We made our way to the kitchen and looked at the wild variety of drinks scattered out on the counters. "Holy, shit. You guys are running a bar here!"

He poured us both a shot of vodka and held up the glass. "Your first college drink," he said. I held up my shot glass and smiled wide. "Bottoms up!" We clicked out glasses against the counter and chugged the drink.

My face scrunched as I stuck my tongue out. "That's strong!" I felt my throat burn. I started hacking up a lung while Luke continued to laugh at me. "This is not funny!"

"Alright, alright!" His laughs calmed down. "Let's get you something tamer," he said while opening the fridge door. He handed me a Michelob Ultra. "There you go."

I cracked it open and took a sip. This felt better going down my throat. I hopped up on the island counter and watched as Luke grabbed a beer for himself.

"My mother would kill me if she knew I were at a frat party," I laughed while taking a sip of my beer.

He laughed, "I'm sure she'd be more lenient if she knew I were here with you. I'm here to keep you safe." I rolled my eyes, but in reality I felt my heart skip a beat. The feeling of knowing that Luke was always there to protect me made me feel special. Something I knew Valerie could never experience.