3장

Wooyoung had been limping for the next few days and every chance San gets, he would carry the other. It was starting to get weird. People were saying all kinds of things and Wooyoung didn't like it. He didn't like being linked to a bully.

"So you're telling me, he's helping you?" Hongjoong looks shocked. "Uh, Joong. I mean, he is the one responsible for this" He says and points to his legs. "So I guess he just feels guilty" He continues.

"Choi San? The Choi San? Feels guilty? I don't think so" Hongjoong counters. "Okay, even I don't really understand but--" "Maybe he likes you?" Hongjoong questions and Wooyoung freezes at that. Something flashes through his head. "Wooyoung? Are you okay?" Hongjoong asks. He quickly snaps out of it.

"I am fine"

~

San's hands run through Wooyoung's hair. The two were tangled up on a couch with Wooyoung sleeping on San's chest.

Wooyoung slowly wakes up and looks at San. Their lips meeting for a passionate kiss. "Good morning, love bug" San mumbles in his morning voice, a few octaves deeper. "Morning, Sannie" Wooyoung replies and starts kissing him all over his face. San giggles and his hands slowly travel down the other's waist and under his shirt. Wooyoung's breath hitches-- "CHOI SAN! IT'S TIME FOR SCHOOL"

San's eyes flew open. What the fuck? Did I just dream about Wooyoung-- Soon his door flies open and his mom stands there looking mad. "GET OUT OF BED ALREADY! YOU'RE LATE" She yells and San groans. He rolls out of bed and slips into the bathroom to wash up. Whatever he did, he couldn't get the shorter out of his head. The dream kept repeating. It felt too real.

~

"Wooyoung!" San calls as he runs towards the other. They had met a few blocks from school. "What?!" He snaps back. "Woah, who pissed in your cereal?" San asks and Wooyoung just glares. Wooyoung starts walking and San followed close behind. "Can we like talk about something? It's so weird walking in silence" San tries. "I don't want to" "Why?!" "Ugh San, take the hint!" He shouts and starts walking faster.

San doesn't give up and starts speed walking too. "Jung Wooyoung!"

"Wooyoung!"

"Woo!!!!"

"Young-ah~"

Wooyoung stops at that and takes a deep breath. He turns around, only to come face to face with a smiling San. "I really don't understand. We don't like each other, remember?" He asks and San just giggles as he looks away. "I mean our parents are friends, aren't they? So we can be too" San replies and Wooyoung breath hitches at that. A faint memory of his dream passes his mind and San closes his eyes.

"So?" San asks after regaining himself but the other just groans and pulls out his airpods, shoving it into his ears.

"You're really going to ignore me?" San asks and starts walking again. He had enough of this so he grabs Wooyoung's wrist before pulling him and slamming him onto the sidewalk wall. "Answer me" San says firmly running out of patience. Wooyoung slowly opens his eyes, which had closed due to the impact and soon, San takes a few steps away looking at his glossy eyes.

"A-are you crying?" San asks, his voice so gentle as he takes the other's face into his hands. Wooyoung looks away and bites his bottom lip, hard trying to keep his tears in. He didn't want San to see him cry. But to his dismay, a few drops slide down his cheeks. "I-I am sorry but I didn't mean to--"

"Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. That's all you say, Choi San. Every time. Every. Single. Time." Wooyoung snaps as his eyes water. "Maybe stop doing things that you will be sorry about" He says and pushes San hard enough that he trips and walks away.

San looks at the now-running figure. He didn't understand what it was but a searing pain pierced his heart at those words.

~

-"Good morning, Sannie❤️"

San looked at the notification as he waited for his teacher. The message came in rather late today.

- you're late today

- I was not feeling well

This was the first time they had shared something about themselves

- Oh...are you okay now?

- Better. But I don't think I will ever be okay.

- And why is that?
Seen

San shoved his phone into his pocket and looked at Wooyoung who was sitting a few benches in front of him. The boy looked like he cried a lot. His face was all red and puffy. But he couldn't understand why. He has done worse things to him and Wooyoung never broke down like this.

Does he really hate me that much? San thought as he put his head on his desk. Hongjoong notices San's stares and nudges Wooyoung only to be told off by him. San sees Hongjoong gently caressing Wooyoung's hair-- as he did in the dream. He felt weird.

That should be me. I did not just think that. Am I feeling jealous right now? What's this weird feeling? His head bombards him with questions which he didn't have answers to.

He saw this Hongjoong guy continuing to pat Wooyoung before kissing him on the forehead-- "Oh, for fucks sake!" San shouts and every head, except Wooyoung turns to look at him.

~

It was lunchtime, San and his friends were sitting together enjoying their food. "Wooyoung! Over here" San hears Hongjoong call out. San turns his head and sees Wooyoung smile back. Something in him goes off-- he was mad.

Wooyoung soon grabs his lunch tray and starts walking towards Hongjoong, only to be tripped by something and fall face-first to the ground. His food tray falls on him and stains his clothes. He heard a few laughs but there was one certain laugh he recognized too well.

He got up to see San's leg stretched out from where he was sitting-- he tripped him. Hongjoong comes running to him "Are you okay?" He asks and Wooyoung just nods. He didn't have the energy to fight anyone today. He started to walk away with Hongjoong's help, not caring about the looks he was receiving.

"Princess" He hears San call and they both stop in their tracks. San walks towards them and pushes Hongjoong away. He bends down to look Wooyoung in the eye, "This is what happens when you think you can ignore me-- no one ignores the Choi San" He says and uses his index finger to push his forehead-- right where Hongjoong had kissed him earlier.

"Are you done?" Wooyoung asks and walks away from him. San was rather shocked. He usually fights back-- and that's what San had hoped for.

"San, what the fuck?" Seonghwa asks. "What isn't this what you all wanted anyways?" He asked, sounding pissed.

"What even? Why are you mad at us?" Mingi asks.

"Ugh! I don't know. Just let me be!"

"You're so dumb, sometimes"

"Says the fucker who can't even be a proper boyfriend"

"You like him!"

"What?"

"You like Jung fucking Wooyoung!"

To be continued...
Unedited.

A/N- Back to updating!
Okay so I planned this fic to be all lighthearted and fluffy-- it will be. It for sure will come to that but we need some drama before all that.