10장

"San." Wooyoung giggled as he tickled him. "Stop-- stop it. I cannot breathe." Wooyoung struggles against him.

The five-year-olds were out, playing again. Their grandma's watched and giggled at the sight. Two young boys left in their respective grandmother's care as their parents were busy making money in Seoul.

"Mom! When are you coming to see me?" San cried into the phone, "I made a friend here. He's Korean too. Lives next door!" He rambles on about the other and how much he liked his company.

~

"Smile for us, you two." San's mom says as the seven-year-olds pose. "I don't want to." San argues looking at the bruise on his arm. "Smile, Sannie." Wooyoung pulls San's cheeks wide enough to make it look like a smile. The two were riding their bikes and took a fall while trying to race one another.

Their parents used to visit them from time to time and San's mom loved to capture every minute of it. "Wooyoung- ah, dinner is ready!" He hears his mom call out from the house. "I am going home, Sannie." Wooyoung announces but San grabs onto his legs. "Take me with you! I like your mom's cooking better." He clings on and San's mom sighs.

~

"I don't understand as to why you're dating him!" San nagged Wooyoung for the millionth time. "San! Stop trying to interfere in my love life! Hyuk is genuinely nice. You always do this when I like someone. Why, are you jealous?!" Wooyoung snaps, not thinking much of what he just said. San couldn't answer that immediately.

"Why the hell would I be jealous?! We all know you have horrible taste in men! You always end up hurt! I am just" San sighs, "-- I am just trying to protect you." He completes the sentence. "And I don't want your stupid obsessive "protection". I am sixteen now. I make my own decisions!" He stomps away, annoyed.

~

"Ugh, I get that he's looking out for me and that we have been inseparable since like five but that's starting to annoy me now. He's everywhere, always trying to squeeze himself into my business." Wooyoung complains to Hyuk. The two were out on a date but the only person to occupy Wooyoung's mind was San.

Hyuk too had noticed how Wooyoung couldn't stop talking about the other. "Maybe, he likes you." Hyuk says and Wooyoung shrugs, "I know that. I like him too but this is a bit excessive, I don't get why he hasn't dated at all but--"

"Maybe, he likes you more than a friend." Hyuk clarifies and Wooyoung's eyes widen. He laughs awkwardly, "There's no way. Me and San are good friends. That's all to it." He shakes his head like he just heard something so ridiculous.

"Whatever you say~" Hyuk goes back to drinking his smoothie. Wooyoung thinks back to the time when their parents used to joke about their sons falling in love and getting married one day. But it has always been a joke to the both of them, at least it was to him.

~

Why the hell am I acting like this? San thought about his actions. He was policing Wooyoung around a lot these days and he didn't exactly know why. It frustrated him to see the other with a man other than him. "Maybe I am just used to him being with me 24/7. I need to get myself someone too." He mumbles and gets into bed. It wasn't difficult to find someone that liked San.