Chapter One-Egyptian staff terror; 1933

~~~~~~Egypt, 1933~~~~~~

Asaad Qusar, 34, walked along the hot desert towards the tomb. He wiped sweat from his brow, as the hot sand went into his brown colored eyes.

       "Argh! I hate the sand!", he said in Egyptian. He was covered in a white colored robe. It protected his eyes, body, feet, and arms from death.

        He neared the tomb. And, once he went inside, he grabbed a lamp in his right hand...and walked down the cold, cobbled steps.

***

To his surprise, he noticed that one of the Sarcophaguses was open. It was never open; it was always closed; it was always left untouched by humans.

And, yet, something drew the Egyptian onward.  He saw that a staff that was owned by an Ancient King, (not "King Tut"), was gone.

He said a prayer to Allah. And then looked around. To his horror, he saw the Mummy. It pointed to its staff; it demanded it back!

"Don't worry, I'll get it back! And everyone will pay for this unholy desecration", Asaad said, and he bowed.

        The Mummy moved slowly up the cold steps, then headed away from its home...And, consumed with rage...it vowed to get its staff back...Even if it meant murdering anyone who got in its way. Assad smiled, then he went to the Egyptian Museum...and went to work on curating the ancient artifacts in Egypt knowing that the Mummy was real...and not part of a legend...like the history books he read in school a long time ago.

***

Page 1