|8| Unwanted Welcome

"Shall I dispose of her master?" Tomoko asked, stepping forward towards the girl that dared disrespect her master. Before she could step further forward, a strong hand gripped her wrist, preventing her from moving.

"That will not be necessary my little bird." He cooed. Pulling the girl into his chest, her face still focused on the girl before them. "However, I do like your enthusiasm."

He whispered into her.

"In time my pet, in time." He stated, "But first I must see my dear nephew."

"Where is Kaname girl?" He demanded. The orange-haired vampire stared forward at the two in shock, her eyes briefly flickering over to Takuma who stood quietly with his head down.

"Takuma, what is going on?" She asked, her voice shaking as she did. She could tell that the boy who stood before her was not Senri but was in fact being possessed by someone else.

"It is best not to ask Rima." He replied in a defeated manner, "Where is Lord Kaname?"

"H-He's in his study." The girl stuttered out.

"Then that is where I shall be heading," Rido announced. "Come Takuma, we are to pay my dear old nephew a visit."

Without a word, Takuma began to escort the two towards Kaname's study.

"Wait you ca – agh!" Rima was cut off from objecting by the quick reflexes of Tomoko. Her gloved hand enclosed the vampire's neck, crushing her airways.

"You will not approach the master without permission," Tomoko said in a deadly tone. Her grip tightened with every passing second.

"Ka-"

"Now now, my little bird. There is no need for unnecessary bloodshed." Rido said cutting Takuma off. "She will learn her place."

Rido clasped his hand around the gloved hand of Tomoko, beckoning her to let go. At the touch of her master, Tomoko's grip loosened on the girl until it let go. Rima dropped to the ground and began to sputter as oxygen returned to her lungs.

"Come now," Rido whispered into the girl's ear. Without a word, Tomoko followed the man until they reached a large wooden door. It opened on command as if saying, he was waiting for them.

Tomoko listened to the footsteps on the hard wooden floor and the sound of her bell bouncing off the walls. The room was large, chairs and tables surrounded it. Her attention was drawn to the outline of a boy standing at the window.

She stayed behind her master but remained ready to strike if danger was threatened.

"Calling you my nephew kind of gives me the creeps." Rido started the back of the boy still facing him, "The last time we met was a little over ten years ago. Right?"

"You hurt me Kaname." The boy finally turned around at the calling of his name. "That day, you shattered my body until I lost my shape. It took 10 years to regain my form."

Rido explained.

"Well, I suppose I should thank my pureblood power which allowed me to survive." He continued, "Oh, by the way, thank you so much for getting rid of my fiancé Shizuka. It was a load off my mind. If I waited around for her to become obedient like his mother, I am fairly certain that I would have waited for close to an eternity."

Shizuka...was my master's fiancé.

Shizuka?

Like so many things, the name scratched at the back of Tomoko's mind. Telling her that this woman was someone important, maybe not to her but to someone else.