|1| Prolouge

Isolation can do a lot of things to the mind when it is left alone by itself.

It's even worse when one's mind has already been tainted and clouded by itself.

When the mind has lost itself, it begins to trick itself, it is unable to determine what it sees is real or if it's something that it has made up itself.

Weeks, months maybe even years had passed. The bound girl dangling through the air was unsure. She had succumbed to the darkness long ago. She even became numb to the pain that they put her thorough during experimentation. She became numb to touch.

Outside the cell, someone was approaching, they made their way down the long and barren hallway. This place was deep underground to make sure it was nearly impossible for anyone to detect.

The person approached the large door that held the captive girl. They took a deep breath before placing in the code that would open the door.

A large noise was made as the door began to open, revealing the caged monster inside.

A silence rang in the air before it was cut through with a raspy, dry voice.

"Why are you here?" it asked. Footsteps echoed against the walls as the figure approached.

"I came to see you." The figure answered back.

The girls head moved upward, the chains surrounding her neck rattled.

"Takuma?" the girl was shocked as she recognised the voice. The shock soon turned to anger. "Why on earth are you here?"

Takuma was shocked at the venom that was laced through the girl's voice. But the shock soon turned to guilt as he knew what his grandfather had been doing to the ghoul.

The light from the hallway flooded the room but it wasn't enough to illuminate the chained girl.

"Look Kaji I-"the boy stepped forward, enough for the light to shine upon the girl. The boy stopped dead in his tracks as he finally got a good look at the girl.

She was a shell of her former self. Her frame was only bone with the pale white skin covering it. Her purple hair was unwashed and mattered as it hung to her waist. The purple had faded and looked almost mossy.

But that wasn't even the worst thing. When Takuma looked at the girl's face, it wasn't till then that the dread and guilt fully took hold.

A small ring of the chains was the only thing that rang through the air before the boy opened his mouth to speak.

"Kaji what happened to-"

"Don't patronize. As if you didn't know." The girl cut him off.

"No, I didn't know. I-"the boy tried to speak but he couldn't find the words.

"What didn't your grandfather let you in on the experiments he conducted on me. Or should I say torture?" she bit back.

"I promise you Kaji, I didn't know they were doing this to you." Takuma said. The girl merely 'tched' in response. "No really Kaji, I had no idea!"

"Then what did you think they were doing to me?" Kaji asked in response. The boy turned around not knowing what to say.

"Don't you turn your back on me Ichijo." The girl seethed.

The boy was taken by surprised. He turned back to the girl.

"How did you know?" he asked.

"What you think just because I don't have eyes, I can't see you?" The girl smirked as the chain rang out again. "When one's eyesight is taken from them, they learn to see in other ways."

She explained. The boy began to think. The chain rang again, this brought an idea to Takuma's head.

"You're using echolocation?" the boy asked. The girl smiled.

"You figured it out. Good for you." Kaji complimented.

"How did you learn to do that?" he asked.

"Well, when one is left alone in the dark by themselves. One learns to adapt. Let's just say that I had a lot of time on my hands." Kaji said in an almost sarcastic tone. A heavy silence fell upon the two.

"Tell me Takuma." Kaji spoke up, "Do you have an idea on what your grandfather plans to use me for?"

"If I am honest, I don't know. Grandfather doesn't disclose much information to me. I only know that he had a desire for you when I first mentioned you to him." Takuma said.

"You're lying." Kaji seethed.

Takuma was taken back by the accusation.

"I promise you Kaji, I am not lying. I truly don't know what he wants with you." Takuma replied.

"Of course, you know something. If you truly didn't you would have visited me sooner. Maybe even tried to get me out of here." Kaji spoke.

Takuma could only stand in silence. It was true he did know of something, but he didn't truly know his grandfather's intentions with the girl.

"Kaji I-"

"Just leave Takuma." Kaji cut him off.

"But-"

"I have nothing to speak to you about Ichigo. Leave." Kaji cut off the boy again.

Takuma was taken back at her bluntness. He couldn't muster anything to come out of his mouth. He remained quiet but respected the girl's wishes.

The boy turned around and began to walk out of the room. The echo of his shoes bounced off the walls, allowing Kaji to see the boy exit her room.

It was only till the clang of the door shutting before silence enveloped the room once again that Kaji knew that she was alone once again. 

Hello, hello, hello! 

Welcome to The Lost Mind the sequel to Point of no Return. 

Now, this chapter is only going to be a prototype, just to get a feel for how people react.

I do hope you like it as I have some good ideas for this book. 

Just letting you know that I probably won't be updating for a bit as I will be starting my job soon and Uni will also be getting back soon. However, I am sure you guys will understand and be used to it. 

I still hope you guys enjoy this and look forward to the future of this book!

As always,

Stay awesome.