Chapter 20

The weeks turned into months and not long A-Ying was five months pregnant with their pups who is growing strong and healthy according to the healer and it made the family very happy. The Cloud Recess were filled with joy knowing that the two heirs are healthy and over the months they had become more protective over their A-Ying. Lan Zhan's life was unfortunately not that easy because with each growing month A-Ying had become very moody and sometimes unreasonable. It started one night they were sleeping peacefully when suddenly A-Ying woke him up. He instantly woke up reaching for his mate thinking something might have happened when A-Ying calmly said to him. " Lan Zhan this bed is not big enough for all of us. You need to go sleep on the floor or somewhere else". Lan Zhan was confused and look around the bed. He asked. " What do mean not big enough? A-Ying the bed is big enough for four people to sleep on". Lan Zhan said to him and A-Ying looked at him as if he was stupid. " So what you are saying is that you would rather have me and our pups sleep on the floor Lan Zhan. Is that what you are saying to me". A-Ying asked him slowly getting angry at his mate. " A-Ying that's not what I meant. I only said that there is enough room for all of us". Lan Zhan explain patiently to his mate. " Lan Zhan all I'm hearing are excuses. Either you go or I go. You choose". A-Ying said with a angry scowl on his face. " I will go". Lan Zhan said and get out of bed. " That's what I thought". A-Ying said before he laid back down and made himself comfortable and closes his eyes as Lan Zhan walked towards the nursery with a bed mat and a quilt.

He made himself comfortable still trying to figure out what just happened. ' That's what you are getting for being a smart ass. Do you know in was having a beautiful dream where me and our pups were playing and running and laying peacefully in the bunny fields peacefully. But then I was awoken rudely because mister smarty pants just had to open his big mouth'. Wanji mindlink Lan Zhan. 'What do you mean it is my fault and since when do you sleep'. Lan Zhan mindlink back. ' It is not the point. Now I have to sleep on this hard floor while I could stil be sleeping next to my mate on that big soft bed holding my mate in my arms but because of your selfishness here I am. I just know my body is going to be sore come morning'. Wanji raised his voice cause he is not please. 'First  off all its me sleeping on the floor not you. How will your body be sore it will be mine'. Lan Zhan said irritated. 'Once again not the point. You better go I there and asked our mate forgiveness for your moment off stupidity and for the fact you did not think and just assume. I am telling you I will never forgive you if I have to spend time away from my mate and pups. You have already robbed me from playing with my pups. I could just feel how we were bonding'. Wanji warn him. 'What if he does not want me in the room'. Lan Zhan asked sadly. ' God stop being such a push over and just so you know while you crying and mopping here our mate is in distress and crying'. Wanji told him and Lan Zhan were up and rushed into their sleeping area. Wanji was right A-Ying was sitting on the bed crying. How did he not feel his mates distress.' Maybe if you weren't acting like a baby who's favorite toy was taken away from him then just maybe you would've felt it'. Wanji said sarcastically. ' No need for that'. Lan Zhan said. Focus Lan Zhan.
" A-Ying". He called softly moving forward slowly. A-Ying lifts his head and reached out his arms and making grabby hands he move forward a bit faster and took his mate in his arms." Lan Zhan I woke up and you weren't here. I thought you had left me and our pups". A-Ying cried into his mates shoulder."I would never leave A-Ying and our pups. I love you to much". Lan Zhan said to him. By now he had maneuvered his mate onto his lap whispering softly in ears how much he loves them while running his hand lovingly up and down his mates back. A-Ying looked up at him with big teary eyes and his heart broke. He made his mate cried. Never again." Lan Zhan let's go sleep. I want to sleep in your arms". Lan Zhan laid his mate down and slide in next to him. Turning them on their sides and put his arm lovingly around his mates waist and his other arm were currently his mates cushion but he does not mine as long as his mate needs him he will be here.' Ah that's more like it. Could you move your hand a bit lower and let it rest over our mates navel. I would like to continue my dream. Thank you very much'. Wanji mindlink him and Lan Zhan comply and off to dream land they went.