Friends?

The pool is nice and refreshing I can feel myself drifting off into a deep relaxation and I'm loving every second of it. Every once in a while I'll take a sip of my caramel frappe. I'm smiling and enjoying myself when a ding from my phone interrupts my peace. I groaned, "What now?" A text from Lia appears and I felt my cheeks burn in embarrassment as I didn't mean to go off on my best friend.

Lia♥️:
Girl what happened?

Me:
I got home and she was begging me to come to the living room to talk. So she apologized but when I asked her why didn't she tell me she didn't answer me. So I said screw it and now I'm relaxing in the pool with my Starbucks.

Lia♥️:
Good for you love you deserve it. I might come over after my shift ends in thirty minutes.

Me:
Of course it'll be way more fun with you. So hurry after your shift.

Lia♥️:
Kk

I shut off my phone and closed my eyes to finish my calm relaxing before Lia comes. I feel someone staring at me so I open my eyes to see Heeseung walking towards me with a smile on his face. My calm relaxation is officially ruined thanks to this guy. I didn't even bother to look at him, "What do you want?" I can hear him sigh behind me. "Look I understand that you don't like this whole situation but you're not the only one who just found out. My dad woke me up last night forcing me to pack all of my things and as soon as we got in the truck he said that he has a fiance that we're moving in with and that she has a daughter."

My eyes widen so him and I are just now finding out about all of this. "You're way better than I am because you've accepted it and you're trying but I'm throwing a fit and acting like a brat." He laughed and shook his head, "No I'm definitely not better because I ignored my dad the whole drive here and it was a four hour drive." My eyes widen for the second time and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry for being so mean to you. You didn't deserve that especially since you've been nothing but nice and sweet to me. Thank you for opening the door for me. I'm really sorry." He holds out his hand, "Friends?" I nodded and shook his hand, "Friends." He held on to my hand longer than I expected but I couldn't bring myself to yank my hand back. He was staring at me so intensely and I was about to say something when I was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Aubrey girl you have got to see this new bathing suit that I brought." Lia looked up from her bag to see Heeseung and I staring at each other and holding hands. He pulls away and smiles at her leaving me to blink and think about what just happened. "Um hi I'm Lia Aubrey's best friend." He makes his way over to her and shakes her hand. "I'm Lee Heeseung her stepbrother and friend as of a few seconds ago." He snorts and Lia laughs and nodded.

I'm watching their encounter still thinking about what happened and still feeling his warm hand on mine. I was snapped out of my thoughts as I saw Heeseung walking back towards the house and Lia walking towards me. "Why didn't you tell me?" I looked at her in confusion as I have no idea what she's talking about. "Tell you about what?" She looks at the house and back at me whispering, "Why didn't you tell me that your stepbrother is hot?!" I pushed her and cringed.

She laughs and stood up to make her way to the house. "I'll be back," she calls over her shoulder. I looked up to see Heeseung looking at me from his window with a smile on his face. More like a smirk on his face and he very slowly closes the blinds. As I'm still looking up at his window the word "friends" lingers in my mind.