Chapter 17- Millies Birthday

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMEILA JEANETTE!!" The girls yell as they barge into my room.

"Awe thank you guys!! I love you all." They all climb into my bed.

"Get up and get ready, we have a suprise for you!!"

I drag myself out of bed, shower and get dressed. Val hands me a bag with tons of tissue paper in it. "Valentina you didn't have to get me a gift." I say giving her a huge hug.

I open the gift and inside is a beautiful but also sexy black dress. "Val it's gorgeous thank you." We hug again and then go downstairs. "So Mil, plan for tonight is go out. Maybe bar hop?"

"Okay sounds good with me." We chill around the house,talking and laughing. I get a call on my phone and it's from Levi.

"Happy birthday, baby."

"Thank you Leaves. How are you doing?"

"Better than I have in the past. My body hurts. My mind is so clear though. All I think about is you."

"I think about you too. I wish you were here to celebrate with me. I'm proud of you though."

"Thanks baby. I wish I were there too. Have fun tonight. I already told the guys to keep an eye out for you.Happy birthday again my love."

"Bye Leaves."

My heart hurts. As much as I want to celebrate, I wish he was here with me. The girls and I go into our "getting ready bathroom". MJ is sitting between my legs while I'm sitting on the toilet curling her hair. Lotties sitting on the bathroom counter getting her fake eyelashes glued on by Val. Val is amazing at lashes. These are my best friends ever.

We pick out our outfits and I decide to wear my new black dress.

"HOLY SHIT!!! You're gorg Mil!" Lottie says

"Thanks Charolette boo!" I blow her a fake kiss.

"Wait the night isn't ready until you get your... sashhh!" MJ says, pulling out a birthday sash that reads, "21st birthday! Buy me a drink."

"And a crown." Jonny D says pulling out a crown from behind his back. Oh lord, I'm gonna be so drunk.

We get to a club called Club 182. It's a throwback 2000s club. It's my favorite. Val and I are dancing when we both want some shots. We squeeze past sweaty bodies and we get to the bar.

"4 shots of vodka please." Val says. The bartender does a double take at us. "You guys are from A-Vam right?" We both nod.

"My daughter is a huge fan. Could we get a picture?" We both smile and take a selfie with the nice man. "Drinks are on me." I peck his cheek to thank him and we make our way back to the booth.

C-Mac is half way asleep. His body is sitting straight up but his head is leaned back with his mouth wide open. Val goes over and curls up next to him, which startled him awake, he just lazily wraps his hand around her waist before falling back asleep. Jonny D keeps kissing MJ everywhere he can that's appropriate. He's got a cigarette in between his fingers so he's being super careful. Mitch is trying to kiss Lottie who is sitting on his lap. Once he realizes he's not gonna get a kiss on the lips, he starts to kiss everywhere but.

"I'm going back to the bar to get more drinks." I doubt any of them hear me. I know my girls would never purposefully rub their relationships in my face but it makes me sad. I get back up to the bar and there's a blonde chick standing there.

"Hey, it's your birthday you shouldn't be lookin sad."  She says, joking around.

"I'm not. I just feel like Im barely alive and my friends are all drying humping each other so I have no one to dance with."

"I'll dance with you cmon!" She grabs my hand and pulls me toward the DJ booth. She tells the DJ to play my favorite song which is "Gimme More" by Brittney Spears.

Brittney is blaring behind us as I sway my hips and dance with my new friend. "My name is Courtney, what's yours?"

"Millie." We keep dancing until my other friends come to the floor and meet us. I'm so drunk I don't even care. C-Mac seems less than thrilled about what's happening. He's our DD so he can't drink. Around 3 am, we call it quits as the club will be closing shortly.

"Bye Courtney!!" I give her my number before running, well stumbling, over to my friends. I get back to the house and don't even make it up the stairs.

"Wait Millie don't go to sleep. We have a surprise for you!" C-Mac, the only not zombie currently, says.

He goes into the kitchen and pulls out a cake made for me. "Levi ordered it and had it sent to our house."

The most beautiful cake appears in front of me. Happy birthday Amelia Jeanette written across it. It's covered in lavender flowers and it's flavored marble . C-Mac lights up the 2 and 1 candles before they all start to sing "Happy birthday"

For being drunk, they all harmonized pretty well. "Thanks guys. You guys made my whole day better." All 7 of us attempt a group hug.

I make my way upstairs before hitting my bed and passing out. I wake up the next day early as heck . I have a migraine from the devil himself.

I climb out to my secret smoke place. I only really smoke when I have a migraine or at a party. I climb up onto our roof when I hear another voice ask, "Hey is it okay for me to be up here?" It's Jonny D.

"Yeah of course." I pass the blunt to him and he takes a hit.

"So you and MJ?" I say trying to take the silence out of the air. His cheeks turn all red.

"Yeah we are serious. I've never been this serious with anyone. We want to move in together."

I choke and cough on the smoke. She never said anything. She's been my best friend since 7th grade. "When do you plan on moving?"

"Once we get our apartment keys." He takes the blunt from my hand. My airway starts to close. I thought we would at least have another year before everyone moved out.

We finish the shared blunt in silence, before carefully making our way back into the house via window. I storm right into MJ's room.

"Madalyn Alice, when did the secrets start?" She's playing on her phone.

"What do you mean Mil?" She's playing goofy right now.

"Moving out? Seriously? Without telling us."

"I told Val and Lottie. You were just so wrapped up in LJ. I didn't want to stress you out more."

I'm angry. Not only angry but also hurt. "Madalyn. I'm your best friend, you can tell me anything. You know that."

"I know Amelia. I'm sorry." I just shake my head.

"It's okay. Is there anymore secrets?" MJ bites her lips as if she's trying to hide more. I give her my "Tell me right now" look.

"Val thinks she might be pregnant. And Lottie might be getting engaged" MJ lets out a big breath of air.

So everyone was just hiding shit from me.

"When did all this toxic secret bullshit start between you guys? We were never like this."

MJ give me a sympathetic look. I ignore and go outside to our backyard. I'm so hurt by all the secrets. I know I'll get over it. I have to. I'm the leader of the band. We have our first recording session in 5 days. We gotta hold it together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note: Happy birthday Millie! I hope you enjoyed.

Don't forget to vote!!

As always,

Ari<3