"Well...", Danny murmured.

"Yeah", Rusty said.

"Well he played it good", Amanda said chuckling softly.

•••

The next day they were all in a sort of factory a bit out of Las Vegas. Everyone was helping with something.

"Fourth task: construction. We need to build an exact replica of the Bellagio vault",  Danny explained as he looked through an agenda.

"For practice?", Rusty asked as he passed some boxes to Linus.

"Something like that", Danny replied and Amanda only smirked while Linus passed her the boxes.

"Fifth task: intelligence. We need those codes, Linus, from the only guy who has all three", Danny told him as he kept passing the boxes to Amanda who put them in a bag.

"Who? Benedict?", Linus asked.

"Learn to love his shadow", Danny said.

"Wait, wait, wait. All I get to do is watch the guy?",  Linus asked disappointed.

"You gotta walk before you can crawl", Danny just replied.

"Reverse that", Rusty told him while Amanda just chuckled.

"Don't worry, I'll keep you company", Amanda told Linus with a smirk and he just shook his head.

"Sixth task: transport", Danny said and Frank turned towards him and nodded.

"I got that covered", he said.

•••

The next two days they went to the factory again to work while the others did their task. One day it was time for Danny, Reuben and Saul to get the latter ready for his task and for Frank and the Malloy brothers to do their own task. The others stayed at the factory expect for Rusty and Amanda who had to get ready to go meet Linus at the hotel to know everything he found out about Terry Benedict.

As the two got back home they went in their own rooms. They had taken a big suit so there were some bedrooms for almost everyone. After she was done Amanda came out of her room and went to the bar in the suite. She got herself a glass of Whiskey and then went out in the balcony.

As Rusty got changed he got out of his room and not seeing Amanda anywhere he assumed that she was in her room until he saw her drinking while leaning on the rails of the balcony. He sighed before slowly reaching her and went to stand beside her.

Amanda didn't have to look at her side to see Rusty standing there. She took another sip before she spoke up.

"I assume you want to talk", she said still looking forward.

"Yeah, we didn't have much time before", he replied looking down at her for a moment and seeing that she wasn't saying anything he decided to speak up again.

"Listen I'm sorry, I really am, and you know that Danny is too. I'm aware that a simple apology won't change the things, but I just wanted to let you know that I mean it", Rusty said and when he was done Amanda finally looked up at him.

"I have forgiven both of you a long time ago, it's just been hard to move on", she said softly.

"Amanda, i need to tell you something about that day-", Rusty tried to say but she cut him off.

"I know about the drug. That's the main reason why I forgave you", she just said leaving him in disbelief.

"How did you find out?", he asked.

"Well I spent the first two years hating both of you, not being able to wrap my finger around the fact that you thought that I betrayed you. Until I realized that it was too strange, so I did some researches and found out that the night earlier they had put in your drinks a drug that amplifies emotions. So it was never your fault, but the only thing that kept me from searching for you in the last years was that you didn't search for me", she explained.

"But I did search for you, I never stopped, but you've always been good at hiding and I never managed to find you", Rusty replied truthfully.

"Maybe a part of me didn't want to be found", she said thinking to herself.

They stayed silent for a while and Amanda unconsciously started fidgeting with her ring. Rusty looked down at her hands and softly smiled while furrowing his brows.

"Why do you still have it?", he asked her and when she looked up she followed his gaze that led her to her ring.

"I guess I never wanted to believe that it happened even before knowing what had actually happened and I guess that a part of me still thought that someday we were going to have that future that we wanted so bad", she explained with a soft smile.

"Maybe we could have that now", Rusty said turning towards her and slowly leaning closer.

He cupped her face with his hands and she melted at his touch. They started leaning closer and closer and when they were about to kiss something, or better someone, interrupted them.

"Guys I'm ready to go-", Linus started saying as he walked through the balcony door. He had been waiting for them for a while and since they weren't coming he decided to check in their hotel suite. He looked everywhere until he saw two figures in the balcony and decided to go there.

"Oh I-I'm sorry", he said quickly while Amanda and Rusty quickly parted.

"No, it's okay. We're ready too, right?", Amanda reassured Linus and asked that question to Rusty while looking up at him.

He was simply staring at Linus, clearly pissed for being interrupted during the moment he had waited for years.
Amanda hit his side with her elbow and he winched before looking at her confused. She just gave him a look that he quickly understood.

"Yeah, yeah, we're ready", he muttered.

"Alright, I'll...uh...wait on the lower floor by the hotel lobby", Linus said before awkwardly walking away.

Rusty started laughing and Amanda buried her face in her hands.

"It's not funny", she told him.

"I think it is", he said still chuckling then put his hands on her sides and started leaning in until Amanda stopped him.

"Oh, come on. I think I deserve a kiss now", he complained as she started walking inside.

"You have to earn it", Amanda simply said as she leaned on the doorframe before walking inside.
Rusty chuckled before quickly following her.

A/N: Hii, sorry for the late update, I promise I will update more. I hope you're enjoying this story by far. Everything is gonna be explained soon don't worry. I also wanted to say thank you for 266 reads, it means so much.

I hope you're all having/you had a great day and I hope you're all doing good.

Love you all 3000♡