But to my surprise, she looked rather less energetic and intuitive like always as she stared at me closely. I wonder what was eating her up.

"There's my shining star! Ah ToriBelle darlin', you've never looked more ravishing than you do now." I rushed over to her, kissing her back hand sweetly and pulling her waist closer to mine. But instead of a reply, she just concentrated on me with a slight concern in her gorgeous eyes that were usually gleaming. However at this moment...it was the exact opposite. She loved it when I did this to her. So, why wasn't she feeling it now?

"Is everything okay my love?" I inquired, becoming a bit baffled.

Sighing, she bit her bottom lip down shyly which was even more strange. 

If there was one thing I knew about Victoria Singh was that she never became shy. Even the first time we met, she surely knew how to take full charge and show me exactly what she wanted.

"This is very beautiful Danny..." She finally let out, looking around the area I had specially designed with her favorite red roses scattered throughout, dimly lit candles planted everywhere, and the whole atmosphere to ourselves.

"Well, you know me. I only want the best for the love of my life. Are you hungry too? I got a swell meal for us—your favorite even!" I grabbed her soft hands, leading her toward the elegant setup I made for our table in the center of the restaurant. The food was underneath a silver cover just so it didn't get too cold for her.

I had got it from our favorite local small—but the best joint in California.

Though shaking her head slowly, I could see something still was consuming her mind.

Maybe getting to the point of why we were here was too soon. I was just a bit nervous. I had never asked a woman to be my bride before. It was very unusual for me as well to be acting so tense.

"Alright, I'm itching to know. Tell me all about this Jackel James." I tried to grace up, with me helping her sit in her chair before taking my own.

She let out a slight snicker toward me. At least it was another reaction besides distance.

"Ya mean Jack Johnson?"

I nodded a bit shamefully. I was somewhat close. "But of course. He seemed very fond of you when we all met. Surely he's even nicer now that you've gotten to know the man better." I pointed out, sounding a bit bitter—but still supportive if it mattered so much to her.

From the looks of it, it was rather clear the man wasn't too fond of me however.

Any time I was even near them both, he'd always brush me off to the side like I meant little to nothing toward him when dealing with Victoria's 'plan'. He was a true businessman for sure from the diction of his voice, but there was still a level of decorum he could try to maintain when dealing with his potential client's other half.

We all wanted the same thing for her and her exceptional talent.

Judging by the many hours and restless nights we'd spent to help her learn the lines to this new movie role she could receive if she played her cards right—she was hungry for it too.

"Um...well, Danny ya have to keep in mind he knows how big my dreams are. He really knows what he's doing. He said he's worked with the greats like Colleen Moore, Gloria Swanson, and Renée Adorée! I mean, ya heard him back at the lounge. I could be a real big star if I work really hard!" She professed with such hope.

"Which you already are to me..."

"But that isn't enough. Now yes, I appreciate your love and support for me sweetie— especially after buying that beautiful gown for that party last night I was telling ya about. But sometimes ....I have to do even more just to get my foot in the door as still a woman of color, in this day and age." She carefully proceeded to explain.