⋙26⋘

A/n: Guys...I didn't know there was already a new chapter in the manga. 

"This is it.." Vanitas announced, after some walking you reach deeper from the Chasseurs domain. You all finally reach Morea's hiding place. Maria and George gulped nervously when the metal gate creaked open.

A sudden bang was heard once it was open. You couldn't even look what was in front of you, you took Vanitas' hand to which he accept it, and tighten his grip on you. Confetti's small paper pieces fill the air once they let out. Roland blankly stared but was quite surprised, for Noe he was dumbstruck by what had happened.  Who wouldn't? someone had expected this Moreau guy to be more serious, instead, they meet a crazy scientist. 

"....."

"WELCOME! AND WELCOME BACK!!" it was other than Moreau himself, presenting himself, welcoming a special person he once experimented with. He was clean and bald, had a fancy small mustache, with weird glasses and bad taste in clothes. Behind him were the ones he had also experimented with. 

"MY DEAR, No. 69!!" raises both his arms to celebrate on his own, and put one of his hands on his chest, "Do you remember me!? You do, don't you!? I'm Doctor Moreaau!!" he called himself, had made Roland's suspicious to this man confirm, "This man is.."

Vanitas took his hand out and put on a fake smile. "Doctor Moreau!" Noe was again double dumbstruck at this, "It's an honor to see you again, sir! If you were in Paris I thought this was where you'd be!" 

"Ah Yes, Yes! That's right. I'm impressed you recalled the way back here. Good boy! Very Good!" Moreau praise Vanitas, "Hmn? Who are those people behind you? They're armed are they your friends?" Moreau titled his head looking behind Vanitas or so he called No. 69. 

Vanitas nodded, "Yes, They're your supporters, doctor!" he claimed it to be, Roland knew what was up and accepted that fact. Besides that, you were still quiet and your head was low, looking at the floor than the scene in front of you. 

"On our way here, I told them about your noble experiments. They sympathized with your ideas and were adamant that they wanted to help, so they accompanied me. You can see that they're Chasseurs. I expect that they'll be useful to you, as assistants and as guards." 

"Oh! OHH! OH! OH!" Moreua's scientific eyeglasses started to shimmer at how kind of his special experiment to give him these wonderful gifts, once he had got back. "HOW MAARVELOUUUUS!!" he applauded in a weird possession clapping his hand, he bend his back to do it. 

"Oh, how wonderful!! If you'd been bad people who'd come to capture me. I would have had to kill you." you were all surrounded by Moreau's guards, Noe looking around cautiously. 

"Come, come! Everyone! Hurry up! Prepare to entertain our guest!!" clapping his hand together excitedly made your stomach curl up. You were forced to seat beside Vanitas and Noe, you felt slightly comfortable being with these two men. Unknowingly, your quietness, concerned Noe. 

Guards who work and guard Moreau started to move and bring cups, that were almost about to shatter. The room was silent and tense, but it was filled with childish noises because of Moreau. "Dum-dum! Dum! Dum!" 

"Vanitas, this is..." Noe started to mutter to Vanitas but was quickly shushed by Vanitas himself, you silently listened to them, not caring to take a glance at what was in front of you, a clanking noise beside; you heard. Taking a side glance, you notice the cape covers their dead eyes. 'Poor humans...'

"All right! Allow me to introduce myself! My name is Moreau!! No. 69 here has probably told you already, but I research vampires here! It's a pleasure to meet you!"