"I'll deal with you later, sister." Vader said.

Mary slammed into a wall and passed out.
Just in time he looked up to see Vader, like a giant black bird, flying right at him, Luke rolled away as Vader landed. Crouching, Luke kept his gaze steadily on his enemy.

"Your destiny lies with me, Skywalker. Obi-Wan and Mary knew this to be true." Vader added.
"No!" Luke yelled.

Behind Luke the hydraulic elevator cover had opened noiselessly. All the while, Luke slowly, cautiously moved back, away from the Dark Lord.
Suddenly, Vader attacked so forcefully that Luke lost his balance and fell back into the opening. There was a rumble, and in an instant freezing steam rose to obscure Vader's vision. Vader turned aside and deactivated his sword.

"All too easy. Perhaps you are not as strong as the Emperor thought." Vader stated.

Through the steam behind Vader something blurred upward. Liquid metal began to pour into the pit. Vader turned around and then looked up. He saw Luke, who had leaped fifteen feet straight up and who now hanged from some hoses on the carbonite outlet.

"Impressive... most impressive."

Luke jumped down to the platform where he was separated from Vader by the steaming carbonite pit. He raised his hand. His sword, which had fallen on another part of the platform, swiftly jumped into his outstretched hand and was instantly ignited.
Vader immediately lighted his sword as well.

"Obi-Wan and Mary have taught you well. You have controlled your fear... now release your anger."

Luke was more cautious, controlling his anger. He began to retreat as Vader goaded him on. As Luke took a defensive position, he realized he had been foolhardy. A quick sword exchange and Luke forced Vader back. Another exchange and Vader retreated. Luke pressed forward.

"Only your hatred can destroy me."

Breathing hard, Luke jumped in the air, turning a somersault over Vader. He landed on the floor and slashed at Vader as the room continued to fill up with steam.
Vader retreated before Luke's skillful sword. Vader blocked the sword, but lost his balance and fell into the outer rim of pipes.
The energy Luke had used to stop Vader had brought him to the point of collapse.
Luke moved to the edge and looked down, but saw no sign of Vader.
He then deactivated his sword, hooked it on his belt, and lowered himself into the pit.

Moving through a tunnel like entrance, Luke cautiously approached the reactor room.
He ignited his sword and moved into the room and toward a large window as Vader entered.
Luke raised his sword and moved forward to attack.

Behind Luke a large piece of machinery detached itself from the wall and came smashing forward toward his back. Luke turned and cut it in half just as another machine came hurtling at him. Using the Force, Luke managed to deflect it and sent it flying as if it had hit an invisible shield.
A large pipe detached and came flying at Luke. He deflected it. Sparking wires pulled out of the wall and began to whip at the youth. 

Small tools and equipment came flying at him. Bombardment from all sides, Luke did his best to deflect everything, but soon he was bloodied and bruised. Finally, one machine glanced off his and went flying out the large window. A fierce wind blowed into the room, unmoving, stood the dark, rocklike figure of Vader.

A piece of machinery hit Luke and he was knocked out of the window.
Luke fell onto the gantry, rolled, and hanged over the edge, holding his deactivated sword in hand. He put the sword on his belt and began to scramble up and moved along the railing and up to the control room.
Vader lunged at him and Luke immediately raised his lit sword to meet Vader's.
Sparks flew as they duel, Vader gradually forcing Luke backward toward the gantry.