Chapter 14

A large landing platform in the industrial part of the city was surrounded by Emergency Fire Speeders

A large landing platform in the industrial part of the city was surrounded by Emergency Fire Speeders. The smoking ship approached as five Fireships sprayed it with foam. The ship finally made a rather hard landing.
"Another happy landing." Obi-Wan stated.
"I have to disagree with you, Obi." said Mary.
The small Jedi Shuttle carrying Palpatine and the Jedi arrived at the landing platform. There were a dozen senators, including Bail Organa, Jar Jar, and C-3PO, waiting for them.

Palpatine, R2-D2, Anakin and Mary got out. Obi-Wan and Mace stayed in the doorway of the Jedi Shuttle.
"Are you coming, Master?" asked Anakin.
"Oh no. I'm not brave enough for politics. I have to report to the Council. Besides, someone needs to be the poster boy." Obi-Wan replied.
"Hold on, this whole operation was your idea. You planned it. You led the rescue operation. You have to be the one to take the bows this time." Anakin said.
"Sorry, old friend. Let us not forget that Mary rescued me from the Buzz Droids. And you killed Count Dooku. And you two rescued the Chancellor, you carried me unconscious on your back, and you managed to land that bucket of bolts safely..." Kenobi affirmed.
"All because of your training, Master. You deserve all those speeches of your greatness." Anakin added.
"... the endless speeches... let's be fair. Today, you two are the heroes and you deserve your glorious day with the politicians." Obi-Wan said.
"All right. But you owe me... and not for saving your skin for the tenth time..."
"Ninth time... that business on Cato Nemoidia doesn't count. I'll see you at the briefing."
Anakin smiled and they walked away from Obi-Wan. The Chancellor and his entourage approached Mace.

"Chancellor Palpatine, what a welcome sight! Are you all right?" asked Mace.
"Yes, thanks to your three Jedi Knights. They killed Count Dooku, but General Grievous has escaped once again."
"General Grievous will run and hide as he always does. He is a coward." Mace affirmed.
"That may be true, but with Count Dooku dead, he is the leader of the Droid Army, and I assure you, the Senate will vote to continue the war as long as Grievous is alive."
"Then the Jedi Council will make finding Grievous our highest priority." Mace concluded.
Bail, the twins, and the crowd walked away from the platform toward the Senate Building Grand Hallway.
"Skywalker, the Republic cannot praise you enough."
Anakin, Mary and Bail Organa, walking in the hallway.
"Thank you, Senator Organa. The kidnapping was a bold move by the Separatists, but it was a mistake that Obi-Wan and I were able to take advantage of." Anakin said.

Anakin and Mary were at the back of the crowd of Senators, talking with Bail Organa.
R2-D2 and C-3PO scooted along ahead of them.
"The end of Count Dooku will surely bring an end to this war, and an end to the Chancellor's draconian security measures." Organa said.
"I wish that were so, but the fighting is going to continue until General Grievous is spare parts... the Chancellor is very clear about that." Anakin said.
Behind a row of large columns, a shadowy figure followed the Jedi and the Senator.
Anakin and Mary sensed the figure.
"I'll do everything I can with the Senate."
"Excuse me." Anakin said.
"Certainly."