Chapter 16

The sleek Naboo Skiff landed on the Mustafar landing platform near Anakin's green Starfighter

The sleek Naboo Skiff landed on the Mustafar landing platform near Anakin's green Starfighter. Anakin ran up to the Skiff as the ramp lowered. Padmé ran to him.
"I'll help her, stay here, only intervene if things go wrong. Please, Obi." Mary said, getting off the Naboo Skiff.
"Padmé, I saw your ship..." Anakin said.
"Oh, Anakin." Padmé said.
They embraced.
"Anakin!" Mary said.
"Mary? What are you doing here?" Anakin said.

Padmé looked shocked at Mary. Mary approached them and embraced her brother, he reciprocated.

"We were so worried about you." Mary replied.
"Obi-Wan has told terrible things." Padmé added.
"What things?" asked Anakin.
"He said you have turned to the Dark Side... that you killed Younglings." Padmé replied.
"Obi-Wan is trying to turn you against me." Anakin said to both.
"He cares about us." Padmé stated.
"Us??!"
"He knows... He wants to help you. I told him." Mary said.
"Is Obi-Wan going to protect you? He can't... he can't help you. He's not strong enough."
"Anakin, all I want is your love." Padmé added.
"Love won't save you, Padmé. Only my new powers can do that."
"At what cost? You are a good person. Don't do this."
"I won't lose you the way I lost my mother! And I've lost my sister. I've become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of and I've done it for you. To protect you." Anakin said.
"Come away with us. Help Padmé raise your child. Leave everything else behind while you still can." Mary said.

"Don't you see, we don't have to run away anymore. I have brought peace to the Republic. I am more powerful than the Chancellor. I can overthrow him, and together you and I can rule the galaxy. Make things the way we want them to be." Anakin said to both.
"Anakin, please, do the right thing, do it for your wife and your child." Mary said.
"I don't believe what I'm hearing... Obi-Wan was right. You've changed." Padmé affirmed.
"I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me." said to Padmé.
"I don't know you anymore. Anakin, you're breaking my heart. I'll never stop loving you, but you are going down a path I can't follow." Padmé said, crying.
"Because of Obi-Wan?"
"Because of what you've done... what you plan to do. Stop, stop now. Come back! I love you." Padmé said.

"Liars!" shouted Anakin.
Padmé and Mary turned around and saw Obi-Wan standing in the doorway of the Naboo Cruiser.
"No!" yelled Padmé.
"You're with him. You've betrayed me! You brought him here to kill me!"
"NO! Anakin. I swear... I..." Padmé tried to say.

Anakin reached out, and Padmé grabbed her throat as she started to choke.

"Let her go, Anakin." Obi-Wan and Mary said.
"What have you and she been up to?"
"Let her go!" Mary yelled.
Anakin released his grip on the unconscious Padmé and she crumpled to the ground.
Mary was shocked.
"You turned her against me." said to both.
"You have done that yourself."
"You will not take her from me!" Anakin yelled.
"Anakin, calm down, please." Mary said.
Anakin threw off his cloak.
"Your anger and your lust for power have already done that." Obi-Wan replied.
Obi-Wan flung off his cloak.
"You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now... until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy." Obi-Wan affirmed.