ten

═══ CHAPTER TEN :: MYSTERY SOMEONE

Julia Kim walked around the abandoned automobile plant, getting in some movement before the others reached the police station.

Her nervousness didn't go unnoticed by the elder woman, trying to figure out what the reason for her jittery movements was.

Was it because something happened between her and Han, or was it because of the mission they had to complete?

It had been a while since the crew members dispersed; each of them leaving the building to their posts to carry out their part of the job.

Only Mia and Julia remained in the building, on standby until they were needed by the others to give them their escape route.

"So ..." Mia trailed off, trying to make conversation. "What happened?"

Julia slowed her pace. "What do you mean?" She asked, genuinely confused by the question.

"What happened? With him. You know, you two. What's up?"

"Oh."

Mia Toretto couldn't contain her smile, observing the dark pink tint that immediately rushed to the youngster's cheeks, followed by her ears turning the same color.

"Oh, my!" She gasped, the realization hitting her. "Stop, what? No way!"

Julia's eyes widened, tilting her head in confusion. "What?! What are you thinking?" She never thought asking such a question would put her in such a dangerous position.

"You two kissed! Right?! Am I right? Yes? Oh, my gosh. Y'all kissed!"

Before Julia could even reply, a mix of voices blasted through the walkie-talkies, having heard every single word of the conversation between the two females.

"Jules, I thought you was a baby! What are you up to?"

"What the fuck am I hearing?!"

"You are telling me that my child, Julia Kim, has kissed someone?"

The brunette looked over at the elder woman, wincing as the others kept bombarding her with questions, one after the other.

"Look at what you did!" she whined, sighing as she shook her head.

Mia smiled innocently. "I'm sorry! I didn't know we were surrounded by gossipers!" She defended herself, shrugging.

"Jules, is Mia for real? Did you really kiss someone?!"

"Girl, who are you kissing in Rio?!"

"Tell us who this mystery someone is!"

"Yes, I kissed someone. And no, I will not tell you who it is," Julia announced over the radio. "So, gentlemen, drop the topic now, or Reyes won't be the only one putting a fucking bullet in your skull."

There was a pause before more crackling was heard, letting the others know someone was about to speak. Han's voice came through the radio, only adding more fuel to the fire Julia struggled to put out.

"Woah, slow down with the cursing, sailor," Han uttered, chuckling lowly. "Can't believe you went around kissing people with that foul mouth — tsk, tsk."

Julia scoffed in disbelief. "Oh, you can't believe it? You?!" She was pissed, not knowing that was exactly what Han was aiming for.

"Yeah, I can't believe it."

"Says the man who kissed me!"

And just like that, Julia Kim herself let the cat out of the bag, exactly as Han Lue wanted.

"Surprise, guys." Han couldn't help himself from laughing, practically seeing the look of horror on the younger's face. "The mystery someone was me. I kissed Julia."

"I fucking knew it!"

"Damn, Tej. You lost your chance, brother."

"Will you just shut your fucking mouth, baldie?"

Julia had her head in her hands, sighing loudly as the boys fought over the radio. Went through all that secrecy just to let it out myself. She thought, shaking her head.

Just as the chatter increased, Hobbs spoke up, instantly sobering everyone as they took their positions. Now that the tension had been relieved a bit, they were back in business.

"Approaching the police station. Are we ready?"

It wasn't long before Hobbs and Elena wreaked havoc at the federal police building, followed by Dom and Brian charging in with their vehicles.

Mia Toretto and Julia Kim stood at their desks, unable to sit as they listened to the chaos happening on the other end of the radio.

Their eyes never left the screen in front of them, watching the live feed from the various surveillance cameras around the city.

Julia quickly scrolled through her contact list, finding the person she wanted to call for a favor.

"Hey, Carlos. You probably heard the news. Yeah." She nodded, even though the man couldn't see her. "Can you keep me up on their movement? Much appreciated, man."

As if on cue, more crashing was heard before Dom's voice came through the radio. "Okay, girls, your turn. Call it out!" He announced, getting their attention.

"Straight shot for two blocks," Julia informed, still on the phone with her contact as she simultaneously listened to both. "Go right now."

"The plan is working, boys," Mia stated. "You guys have every corrupt cop in Rio on your tail. You have to move fast."

Brian's voice was heard crackling over the radio. "What's the best route?" He asked.

"Okay, keep going straight another half-mile onto Rua Fonseca, and then go left," Mis announced, looking at the live feed on the screen.

Julia listened through her phone, shaking her head. "They have spikes ahead, guys. Go right instead," she suggested, stressfully pacing around the room.

"No, it's too tight. We're not going to fit!" Brian yelled, eyes widening at the sight before him.

"That's what she said," Julia added before saying what she wanted to. "Teamwork makes the dream work, Bry. Get it together and go right!"

The men listened to the order they got from their youngest, swerving hard to their right to make it through the gap. The vault ran into an empty bank like a wrecking ball, obliterating everything in sight.

Bricks, glass, and money went flying — definitely exciting and terrifying the bystanders.

"Holy shit!" Brian laughed, waving off his shock as he continued to drive through the chaos.

Mia Toretto and Julia Kim listened in on the police scanner, giggling to themselves as they watched the live feed that was playing on their computer.

"Did you just take out a bank?" Mia asked incredulously, shaking her head.

Julia chuckled. "Y'all took out a bank with a safe. That's something for the history books," she claimed, earning a couple of laughs from the others.

Dom and Brian continued to work together in sync, causing more damage to the city as they steered into a narrow alleyway, getting away from the police that were on their tails.

While Dom pulled the vault, Brian drove on the opposite side, pushing in reverse. The latter noticed the two police motorcycles that followed them, letting out a deep breath.

"Jules, I got two police bikes on me." He watched as two other motorcycles sped behind them, crashing into the police bikes. "Okay, we are clear. Thanks, Jules."

Julia sighed in relief, talking into her phone. "You've done it, Carlos. Thanks a bunch," she thanked the man, ending the call soon after.

As soon as the motorcycle cops got off their tails, the two men drove out of the alley, with Brian side-slipping around the vault, continuing to pull it forward alongside Dom.

This was just the beginning; their mission was yet to be completed.