four

✧ ✦ ✧ ═══ CHAPTER FOUR :: BUTTERFLIES, FIREWORKS & STUFF

As the others planned to get (read: steal) the police cars from the station, Julia Kim was to plan all escape routes with Mia.

"So, what's going between you two?" Mia asked, causing the younger to look confused. "You and Han, I mean."

Julia raised her brow, shrugging nonchalantly. "What's going on between us?" She inquired, wanting to know what made the elder think something was there.

"He thinks he's being discreet, but I'm feeling awkward with the way he keeps looking this way." The younger female laughed at Mia's words, partially amused and embarrassed at how she could notice his stares.

"He's probably itching to look at the road plans because he feels bored doing nothing."

"Yeah, that must be why he keeps smiling while looking at you, right? Because the road plans are on your face and they excite him."

Julia placed her pen down, cheeks burning, as she looked at the elder. "Nothing can get past you, huh?" She asked, smiling while shaking her head. "He's a nice guy, I guess. I mean, I don't know. It's not like I know him."

"Would you?" Mia checked, her voice low so no one could eavesdrop on them. "Get to know him, I mean? If you had the chance?" She clarified.

"I guess. He seems okay. Cool dude. Nice to look at. Okay, well, he's real nice to look at. I don't know. If we met in different circumstances, maybe?"

The elder brunette gave an understanding smile, reaching out to hold Julia's fiddly hands. 

"You don't know until you try it, right?" Mia spoke, referring to the internal conflict the younger had. "If you are interested, why not give it a try? If something happens, it'll happen. If nothing, then hakuna matata!"

Julia laughed at the elder's pep talk — for once, speechless. She grabbed the plans off the table, thinking over what Mia said as she walked towards the others. 

Too deep in thought, Julia snapped out of her daze when Tego yelled, only having enough time to raise her hands to save the plans.

"Santos! Watch out!" The aforementioned male was too busy arguing with the elder to see Julia in his way, causing him to bump against her — as a result, the motor oil in his hands splashing on her. "Look at what your negativity did! Poor Julia!"

Mia quickly made her way towards the younger, taking the papers from her hand before checking on her. "Jules, are you okay?" She asked, painfully obvious as she tried to hide her laugh.

"It's not in my mouth, so I'm fine." Julia sighed, looking down at the dark sludge staining her clothes. "You know, for a bunch of racers, you guys don't seem to take good care of your cars," she complained, taking a rag to dab away the excess oil.

"This is a good chance to burn her alive. Anyone have a lighter?" Santos joked, getting whacked by the female. "I'm only joking. Sorry, sorry."

Oblivious to what happened, Han and Roman approached the others. The latter's brows furrowed in confusion before shaking his head, wordlessly saying he didn't want to know what happened. 

Roman took the plans from Mia, while Han stayed behind, watching the two females with a small smile on his face.

"Dom wants to discuss the plans," he announced lowly, getting nods of acknowledgment. "Said to gather in fifteen."

"I'm gonna shower this off," Julia muttered, raising her brows when Han kept looking at her. "Would you like to join me?" She tilted her head, her signature dimpled smile on her face as she waited for his flustered reaction.