three

✧ ✦ ✧ ═══ CHAPTER THREE :: OKAY, KATY PERRY

Considering it was too late in the evening to go hunting for handprints, Han Lue and Julia Kim left the next morning, arriving at the Copacabana Palace Beach Club. 

The two sat by the beach bar; one sipping on a caipirinha while the other munched on the bar mix.

"I make six bodyguards."

"Seven. That guy with a fanny pack is too stiff to be a tourist."

Han smiled to himself, impressed by the observation the brunette made. "So, how long has it been since you had car trauma?" He asked, the question taking Julia by surprise. "You insisted on driving here on your bike when I had a car. Is hasn't been that long, huh?"

"A few years, I guess. I don't know. How long have you quit smoking?" Julia shrugged, remaining nonchalant. 

Han raised his brows in question, wordlessly asking what gave it away. 

"Well, you always keep eating snacks to keep your hands and mouth busy. You were a two-pack-a-day man, for sure. Unfiltered." She leant close, smiling when the male wasn't flustered by the minimal space between their faces.

"Well, this is a bust. We will not get his fingerprints out here." Han shook his head, dusting the crumbs off his fingers before popping another chip in his mouth. "We need to do some more recon, call in a couple of extra guys ..." He trailed off, watching the brunette fix her clothes.

Julia pulled on her shorts, revealing more of her skin. "Or, we can do it like they do in the movies," she stated, tucking her shirt upwards to makeshift a crop-top. "Women are badass characters in the movies for a reason after all, right?"

Stretching like a cat, the brunette chugged down the rest of her drink, walking towards the beach club; her gaze focused on Reyes. 

She ran her hand through her fingers, pushing down her sunglasses with a bright smile on her face to appear more tourist-like.

Han Lue could only stare in amazement as Julia caught Reyes' attention, going from standing in the sun to sitting next to him. 

He did not know what they were talking about, but he was mesmerized by her skill, brows furrowed as Reyes slapped her upper-back jokingly, his hand placed long enough to make a print on her shirt.

Fuck, she's impressive.

|<><><><><>|

As the two walked into the abandoned automobile plant, they earned intrigued and confused stares from the others. Mainly because Julia was now wearing Han's blue-and-white plaid shirt while he had her shirt in his hand. 

To anyone who didn't know what went down, it certainly would've been a confusing sight.

Roman looked between the two, raising his brows. "Damn, y'all move fast." He nodded, impressed. "See, Tej! You could've had this if you wasn't a coward!"

"We got the print," Han stated, holding out the shirt.

"Where?" Roman asked, watching as Han took the black-light off the table, showing the print on the shirt. "Okay, that's crazy."

Julia giggled upon seeing Tej's confusion. "Don't be sad, babes. Maybe in another life, I will be your girl," she quoted a song, stifling her laugh when he looked at her. "We could be us against the world."

"Okay, Katy Perry, real original."

The entire team turned upon hearing Mia call for them, quickly gathering near her as they looked at her laptop. The screen showed a US government website, wanted bulletins of the team marked as 'extremely dangerous' over the screen.