Chapter Fifty One

Start from the beginning

None of this should have happened. My thoughts went to Billy and I choked back the tears. Oh, Ashley. I need to go see her after I have seen Bash. She must feel so broken and alone. I couldn't imagine how she is feeling especially carrying the Pup he gifted to her before his death. I blinked the tears away and shook my head.

I walked to the window and looked up at the brightest star. I called out to my Brother's Soul sending all the love I could through our empty bond.

"I'll take care of them down here. You just rest and watch over us all, Billy."

I sniffled, then turned to the door. I needed my Mate now more than ever. I stopped by the kitchen to feed before rushing to the clinic where I was sure he would be at. When I first got in there the nurse was talking over someone chart with a Coven Doctor. Was it Bash's chart?

"What can I do for you, Love?" The woman asked while taking her seat behind the desk.
"I'm looking for Sebastian."

She looked to me in pity, then her eyes clouded over as she began to mind link. Why did she look at me like that? My mind began to run with endless possibilities of his condition. Was he bad off? Was he in a coma? What's wrong with him? Why did she look at me like that?!

"Mercy?"

I turned around to find Hope. I smiled lightly as I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. The feeling I got while hugging her proved that even when I'm more dead than alive, our Souls are attached at the hip. My Soul Sister.

"Mer, I'm so sorry." She choked out in a whisper.

The smile fell from my face. Why is she sorry? I pulled back slowly, then look to her. She was crying silently. What happened? I turned back to the nurse at the desk who turned away when I looked at her. What is going on? Again my mind began to wonder with endless possibilities. Was he dead? Did I not make it in time?

I took a step back tilting my head sideways. I tried not to cry as the words got stuck in my throat. At a second I managed to choke them out.

"Why are you sorry?"
"I should have never lied to you about where Seb was." She cried softly wiping her eyes.

I froze with relief.

"Oh thank goodness. Hope, you had me thinking Bash died."
"What?" She asked confused.
"I come here looking for him and the nurse gives me this pitiful look, then you show up crying and apologizing. I thought he was gone."
"Oh, Mer. I'm so sorry." She gasped rushing to crush me in a hug.

For the third time tonight I pushed away my tears. He was alive. I hugged her back equally as tight taking in her scent.

"My Soul Sister. I could never hold a grudge or hate you. You hurt me, but you did what you had to do for the safety of your Mate and the future of the Pack."
"Really?" She sighed in relief.
"Absolutely."

She smiled against me while pressing her lips against my cheek.

"My Soul Sister." She pulled back smiling.
"Mine."

She grabbed my hand leading me towards the door. I pause and looked behind me before looking back to her. Before I could talk she beat me to it.

"He's not here." She smiled sadly.
"Then where is he?"
"The cells." She replied while looking down.

I seen red. I took my hand from hers and began walking out the door. She was trying to stop me calling my name, but I wasn't having it. I was pissed! How dare Finn have my Mate placed in the cells?! I used my speed and took off. It took my awhile to find it, but when I did I had no trouble getting into the under ground prison.