The School of Good and Evil

Willow's POV:

     I live in a small town called Gavaldon, with no family and no friends. Ever since my family disappeared, I have been know the girl with no family. I started my day with getting ready for school in Gavaldon. As I was walking to the town I ran into Agatha and Sophie, they have been friends for as long as I have known them. We aren't really friends but we talk ever once in a while when we cross paths.

"Hi Willow. I love your dress." Sophie told me once she saw me.

"Thank you, Sophie. Hey Agatha, how's your mom doing?" I asked Agatha and we continued walking to town.

"She doing good." Agatha told me and we continued to talk until they stopped to eat. I continued to walk further into the village with people giving me weird looks because of the different stories about my families disappearance. I made my way to Mrs. Deauville's book store. I walked in the store and Mrs. Deauville came out of the back room of her shop and greeted me with a warm smile.

"Willow, how have you been today?" She asked me as I looked in the box of books.

"Pretty good, do you have the story of King Arthur?" I asked her and she chuckled.

"You know where it is. Why do you love that story so much?" She asked me.

"Before my family disappeared, my father would always read this story to every night before I went to as a little girl. And it a good story in general." I told her and she smile remembering how kind my family was. I walked over the the book shelf and grabbed that book.

"Why don't you keep it, on me." She told me.

"Really, are you sure?" I asked and she nodded.

"Thank you, Mrs. Deauville." I told her.

"Your welcome, my dear." She told me and I placed the book in my basket. I heard the door open and saw Agatha and Sophie walking in.

"Ah. My favorite readers. Good thing you stopped by. We had a big delivery yesterday." Mrs. Deauville told them.

"Any ghost stories?" Agatha asked.

"Yes, a few interesting looking ones." Mrs. Deauville told her.

"Any new fairy tales?" Sophie asked.\

"Nothing you haven't read a thousand times before, Sophie. But I did spot some very interesting older editions in there. Look, look! Dig around." Deauville told the girls and they started to look to see what caught their eye. Agatha grabbed one of the ghost stories from the box and dusted it off.

"Okay, this might sound crazy, but ever think about branching out of you comfort zone? Maybe, like, stop reading little kids' books?" Agatha asked Sophie as she grabbed the book that was in Agatha's hand.

"To The Blood of the Homunculus? I'm good, thanks." She told Agatha and handed the back to her. Agatha looked over at me with a smile, showing me the book.

"Give me Cinderella any day. Just look at the dresses in here." Sophie said and Mrs. Deauville walked over to Sophie.

"Ah. You found it. Just look at the embossing." Mrs. Deauville showed us. The embossing had 2 golden swans and a ribbon with the letters S.G.E.

"Who's S.G.E.?" I asked her.

"Not who, what. The School for Good and Evil. Don't tell me you've never heard of it." Deauville told us.

"Where is it?" Sophie asked.

"No one knows. Another time, another would. But legends has it, it's where the true story behind every great fairy tale begins. The School for Good trains the heroes. The School for Evil, the villains. Or so they say." Mrs. Deauville told us.