Chapter Ninety Three

Start from the beginning

"You got that right!" Akiho exclaimed with a nod of his head.

Jay, Harry, and Uma were also extremely protective of Ben but Persephone had to wonder how much of that was loyalty to the King and how much of it was loyalty to Mal. The Goddess of Vegetation knew her daughter would be devastated if anything happened to her boyfriend.

"Well I can't deny that but I'd also probably be marching right into the Underworld and dragging Ben back if anything happens" so there's that," Malinda said.

"Yeah, Emir and Akiho would definitely jump at the chance to knock some common sense into me as they would say." Ben nodded with a small smile as he thought about his friends.

"He's not wrong," Aziz said.

He knew the two of them wouldn't be alone, the rest of the Tourney team would probably be right behind them with Chip joining the fray as well.

"You know us well," Emir, Akiho, and Chip said at the same time.

"But um...I would really like to ask both of you this question."

"And I think you just gave away just what that question is...I mean what other question does a guy ask both his girlfriend's parents?" Aziz said.

Persephone couldn't help but smile, as she had a feeling she knew what the question was Ben wanted to ask the two of them. If it was anyone else, she would have insisted they were too young to even think about it.

"But...what's the question?" Squirmy asked, his voice soft.

But after everything the two of them had been through...there was no way Persephone could say no.

"And I thank you for that, Lady Steph," Benji said, his voice soft.

Not to mention, it took a great deal of bravery to ask such a question to two Gods. Even asking mortal parents would be nerve wracking but the fact that Ben had not yet melted into a puddle of goo from sheer terror gave him points in Persephone's book.

"Yeah well I think we've established that Ben's not exactly 'normal'," Akiho chuckled.

"I have a portal," she said, looking over at Ben. "It's how I cross between Auradon and the Isle every six months. At least, it is when I'm not needed by my children and my daughter's boyfriend is kind enough to send a car."

"And I'd do it again," Benji nodded, his voice firm.

"We know, Benny," Malinda said as she gently took his hand in hers.

Ben gave her a small smile at that, a smile that Persephone readily returned.

Always important for the in-laws to get along, Benji thought with a small smile.

"But when it's not in use," she continued, "it can be used as almost a telephone and a camera in one. Almost like a teleconferencing app here in Auradon. I'm the only one who can activate it though and it can only be done when I'm here in Auradon. Due to the barrier."

"And that's stupid so we should look into making it so Lord Hades can activate it from the Isle or Mal and Hadie can activate it in Auradon so they can always have someone to talk to," Emir said.

Ben nodded. "So...and I know this is a huge ask, but would we be able to go to the portal Lady Persephone?"

"Would she have offered it if she wasn't willing to take you?" Macraia asked.