"It was amazing seeing you again, Edalyn. And I hope you find Luz and she's okay."

"Thanks. And...I do too."

Eda shot up into the sky and began flying back towards the hideout. She was flying as fast as she could, just wanting to get everyone and read the letters, hoping maybe Luz left within them where she was or if she had a plan or anything like that.

It was only a few hours of flying before Eda landed on the sandy beach. She shifted back into her normal form as she walked forward, not wanting to pause for even a second. As soon as she got out of the woods and approached the entrance, her aura of determination was immediately palpable to anyone who saw her. When she walked in, anyone who was in the central room paused to look at her or stopped completely. Eda walked as fast as she could towards the dormitory the kids were staying in. It was getting a bit late, so it was likely at least some of them were there.

When she got in, she spotted Hunter and Amity sitting on their cots. That was unsurprising as those two had barely left the room since Luz disappeared. They noticed Eda and how serious she looked, saw she was holding something, and sat up. Finally slowing down, Eda approached the two.

"Luz left us a message. I don't know who all it's for, but I need you to find anyone you think she'd be writing to." Eda said flatly, using a more commanding tone she usually saved for the adults.

Amity and Hunter both nodded and went out to grab the others. It wasn't long before they came back, Willow and Gus with Hunter and King and Boscha with Amity. While Eda had been waiting, most of the people in the dorms had cleared out, sensing something important was happening based on Eda's presence and not wanting to intrude. The kids all got settled into the beds or on the floor, impatiently awaiting what Eda had to say.

"Everyone the Collector captured is free. The Collector was recaptured." Eda explained, trying to recap, "Their base was destroyed and everyone captured is fine. That includes your mom, Boscha."

Boscha let out a small gasp at the news, warranting Amity to put a supportive hand on her shoulder, but they didn't want to take time away from Eda and let her continue.

"They're going to start to rebuild. Once things are safe, secure, and, at the least, capable of supporting everyone, we'll go back. When I learned all of this, I was also given these papers from Lynn, Boscha's mom and my old Potions track classmate to those who don't know. I don't know what's inside these, but it's Luz's handwriting and she said to get them to me. I assume they won't just be for me which is why I wanted you kids here."

"So we're going to hear from Luz?" Amity asked, sounding almost desperate.

"Yes, yes we are. Again, I don't know what's inside, but we can't find out without reading."

Eda got the papers nicely stacked in front of her, took the first page, and began to read to the group.

Dear Eda,

Titan this feels weird. It's been over two years since I first arrived in the Boiling Isles. So much has happened since then. I've gone from the optimistic witch-obsessed human with no shot of ever learning magic to...well you know. I've been gone for a while now, so everyone is probably worried. I'm guessing you're reading this to them or are taking turns with the others reading it. I guess that means I should actually address the elephant in the room of I'll go through everyone one at a time to make it easier. Obviously, I'm starting with you.

Back at the Covention, when I asked you if I'll ever be a true witch, you told me "You've gotta be your own witch". So that's what I'm doing. I'm becoming my own witch independent of you or anyone else. That isn't what you meant, but after everything I've done been through it's what's best. By the time you read this, I'll already be gone. I'm not on the Isles at all so it'd be a waste to search for me. I'm too dangerous and, as such, am exiling myself from the Isles. It might be temporary, it might be permanent. I honestly don't know.