Reunion and Reevaluation

Luz and Philip landed in front of the Bonesborough Central Police Precinct. The building was still fairly damaged from when Luz and Boscha blew up the altar at the top of the building. As Philip took it all in, Luz climbed the mostly intact stairs and went up to the roof. She took a deep breath to focus, then drew two spell circles. On the two front corners of the building Luz created two large basins, using plant magic she filled them with thick vines, then she set them ablaze with a bright yellow and white fire. She went back down the stairs and relaxed against the front of the building.

"Don't you think that will attract some unwanted attention?" Philip asked, moving to lean against the wall next to Luz.

"Maybe, but it should also get some wanted attention." Luz said.

After a long time of waiting, the fires died down. Luz could sense when the fire she made went out. With a sigh, she pushed herself up and grabbed her staff.

"Well, I guess they didn't notice."

"Who were you even trying to get?" Philip asked.

"Oh Great Witch! I am sorry for taking so long! But I have seen you call!"

Luz smiled while Philip just looked confused as Tarak ran towards them. He came to a stop once he was close enough, caught his breath, then bowed slightly to Luz.

"No need for that, Tarak. I'm pleased you still recognize me despite the cosmetic shift." Luz said, gesturing to her ears and trying to talk as fancy as Tarak.

"I will always recognize the Great Witch. Might I say your change from being human is highly impressive. Your metamorphosis into the truly powerful being you were destined to be is nearly complete. I have already gotten several to join me in following you. The age of Titan Trappers is at last fading."

"That is wonderful news, Tarak, truly. Now, I summoned you for a reason."

"What is it, oh Great Witch?"

"Okay first, you don't have to call me that. We can figure something out another time."

"Of course, my lady."

"Better. Now, when you went to the hideout, you said you knew where the Collector was. Where are they?" Luz asked firmly.

"They are currently hiding above the remains of the Head. They won't be moving from there and they picked it because most view the location as sacred."

"Thank you Tarak." Luz said with a respectful nod.

The sense of being looked up to, having power over someone, was an interesting feeling for Luz. But Philip could see just how naturally power, leadership, and gaining respect came to her. Unlike him who spent a few centuries figuring out how to manipulate people into getting them to do what he wanted, people did as Luz asked out of sheer reverence. She was charismatic but not cocky. Led but wasn't overbearing. Commanded without being demanding. Just talking to someone would get them on her side.

She would be the perfect leader, and Philip knew it. And even if Luz herself didn't see it, he knew that she could be even more powerful than he. If she wanted to be, that is.

"Who is this other person you have with you? Are they a follower that you personally recruited since the last time we met?" Asked Tarak, looking at Philip.

Luz realized that while the Titan Trappers, or at least Bill, knew of Emperor Belos, they didn't really know anything about Philip or what he looked like. She figured it'd be best to not tell Tarak that they were the same person.

"Less of a follower, more of a close companion and caretaker. I am still young, after all. Especially with the curse and getting killed temporarily." Luz explained with a chuckle.