Philip began coughing violently, choking on his oatmeal from the surprise of what Luz said. He quickly recovered, wiped his mouth, then gave Luz a shocked and concerned look.

"What? We both have staves and I have the advantage of having full capabilities of magic use with my fully formed bile sack! Not to mention the curse."

"Luz, the Collector is extremely dangerous. I didn't decide to go back on my deal with him because I'm some petty, selfish, manipulative, betraying, egoist." Philip paused as Luz raised an eyebrow at him, then continued, "I'm not anymore at least. I did it because I knew what they could do was more than a thousand fold anything I would inflict on the people of the isles. The draining spell would be merciful compared to what the Collector could have done if I released them."

"Philip I've seen inside the Collector's hideout. They're just putting people in bubbles!" Luz scoffed.

"For now. They want to play a game called "Owl House", right? Well, when you think of a game with that name, what comes to mind?"

"I suppose just "House". I didn't play much of it but I know other girls my age did."

"And what do you need to play that?"

"Well you can do it with people, or with dolls and a dollhouse."

"And just what is the Collector building?"

Luz gasped and nearly dropped her bowl as the realization set in.

"The Collector is insanely powerful. There is a reason they could only be contained and released by a Titan, only bound and unbound by a being with veins that flow with the most potent magic in existence. Once they get enough people, they can and will use them like dolls, even going so far as turning them into his own little marionettes that they can control. You can't just fight them!" Philip exclaimed, slamming down his bowl, "Nothing you or I could do would even be able to break a bubble trapping those they kidnapped. The curse, the staves, your magic. It's nothing compared to the power of a being that can only be bested by a Titan."

Luz set down her bowl, moved next to Philip, and laid an arm over his shoulders.

"I'm not going to try to fight him." Luz assured.

"Thank you Little Light," Philip sighed with relief holding Luz's hand, "I'm so glad I got through to-"

"I just need to distract them long enough for you to take care of them for me."

"WHAT?!?" Philip yelled.

"It's simple!" Luz said, standing up, "We have Titan's blood! There's still some left in the vial! If we can get it on, though inside might be better, the Collector, they'll be sealed away again! So we go there, I'll distract them while making you invisible with some illusion magic, you sneak up, and...I don't know, stab them with a blade coated in the blood? They'll be sealed, everyone will get released, I'll have proved I'm not a monster, and people won't hate you!"

"But they'll know I'm there."

"Only if they think you are and start trying to sense you. The Collector thinks you're dead, just like most of the isles."

"Do you remember what happened last time you fought the Collector? I do! Hunter broke half the bones in his body and nearly died, while you managed to get out alive by playing along with the Collector's game. And he said they wouldn't play with you again."

"They said they wouldn't play for people's freedom. I just play with them, completely stakes free, and you capture them!"

"Luz you can't risk this!" Philip insisted, standing up, "They could kill you!"