Sleeping and Waking Nightmare

Beginne am Anfang

"Guys, what's...what's wrong? What's going on? Please, get these things off me."

"We can't Luz. You went too far." They all said with a creepy, monotone voice.

"Went too far? What do you mean?"

"We mean your magic. You're out of control."

"What? No! I-I just need to practice. I'm not dangerous! Amity, please, you gotta believe me."

"How can I believe you?" Amity said, walking forward and revealing her face to be scarred by fire, "When your magic did this to me?"

The house disappeared and they were all back in the Titan's head. The Collector appeared behind them, laughing manically. He put all the others in bubbles and began to take them away. Luz struggled against her chains, and they finally broke, crumbling and allowing her hands to be free.

"Don't worry guys! I can save you!"

Luz did a spell circle that started out blue, but changed to a deep red. The Collector began to be petrified, though they didn't stop laughing.

"Yeah! Take that you...you..."

Luz looked and saw everyone else slowly getting petrified. They tried hitting the bubbles to escape but couldn't.

"Luz!"

"Stop this!"

"No!"

The screams and pleading began to become overwhelming. She couldn't stop the spell no matter what. Her arm began to rot, becoming green and goopy like Belos'. She watched as the curse spread over her body, her unable to do anything. As the slime covered her eyes and turned her vision dark, she heard his voice ringing in her ears.

"Little light, thank you for everything. I couldn't do this without you, Luz. Luz. Luz! LUZ!"

"Luz! You okay?"

Luz shot up as she awoke from her nightmare. She saw Eda crouching next to her bunk, a concerned look in her face.

"You were crying in your sleep. Are you all good?"

"Y-yeah. I'm fine. Just a nightmare." Luz shakily assured.

"Lot of stuff on your mind, huh?"

"Yeah, you could say that."

"You wanna talk about it?"

She was filled with panic at the idea of admitting to Eda that not only was Belos still alive after everything, but she didn't try to get rid of him right away.

"Oh, no, it's nothing. Really."

"Well, I know a great way to clear your mind and think of something else."

"Really? What?"

"What do you say you get your first real magic lesson?"

Luz was too confused to say anything as Eda led her to one of the training rooms. Eda closed and locked the doors behind them, covering the windows as well so nobody could look in.

"I managed to get one of these reserved for a while so nobody will bother us while we teach you how to use your magic. One of the perks to being the head of this whole operation.

"Wait, we? Who's we?"

"Well you can't expect someone with no magic to teach you, now can you?" Hunter said, walking out from behind a set of training dummies.