Fun fair || 53

"Where are you going?" I turn around to see Diana standing behind me with her arms crossed.

"The fair. Olivia's taking me." I tell her so she can tell my mom if she wants.

She nods. "Don't be home late. We're going to have a family dinner tonight with Joe." She says. I hum in response and open the door to leave.

Seeing Olivia's car, I run up to it only to stop when I reach her. She was driving and William was sitting at the front. I can only assume Ashton and Kai are at the back. I look over at Olivia as she sends me an apologetic smile. So, with a huff, I move to the back of the car and open the door.

I'm met with Kai and look over to see Ashton sitting on the other side of the car.

"Move up, buttercup." I pat his leg. He immediately shakes his head.

"I'm not sitting in the middle." He states.

"Seriously? What, are you afraid of the middle or something?" I joke and he shakes his head again.

"Your boyfriend's gonna touch me." He says and I scoff-laugh. Kai then leans forward to whisper so only I can hear. "He's done it before. So I think you should sit in the middle." I roll my eyes.

"Fine, get out." He smiles at me, stepping out so that I can sit in the middle. Ashton greets me with a smile before holding onto my hand as kai sits back inside, shutting the door.

"Let's go." Olivia looks back through the mirror before nodding to herself and starting the car to drive. Only when she does, the car jerks forward a few times before coming to a stop. "Sorry." She smiles sheepishly before restarting the car.

Ashton leans forward. "You sure you don't want William to drive?" He mutters and Olivia shakes her head.

"Nonsense. I'll get us there without a scratch." She answers before driving off in the direction of the park.

I sigh quietly, leaning my head on Ashton's shoulder. Since our therapy on Thursday, Ashton had been more distant and quiet and less smiley. So when I heard that there was going to be a fair this Saturday, I immediately noted everyone to come along to lift up Ashton's mood. And maybe because I really wanted to go myself but that's not the point.

The car ride is silent except for Kai's occasional screams of random lyrics making Olivia almost run into a few things on our way here.

By the time she finally parks, I'm pushing on the guys to get out because I no longer feel safe in the car. I'm surprised yet grateful that we all survived. Once we're all out and Olivia locks the door, she walks up to me, linking our arms together.

"Told you I'd get you guys here without a scratch." She smiles. Kai scoffs, walking to my other side as we make our way inside the park. I quickly look back to see William and Ashton following behind, talking about whatever.

Looking back ahead, Kai's arm suddenly appears in my vision as he leans it in front of me to show Olivia his hand.

"What do you call this?" He asks. I see Olivia roll her eyes. "I'd call it a scratch from that horrendous thing you call driving."

"It's not like you drive any better." Olivia argues back.

"Excuse you, I taught Brie how to drive."

"And yet she still has no clue how to."

"She can drive." Kai states before leaning down. "You can drive, right?" He whispers and I laugh.

"Sure I can." I joke. I tried driving once when I was on a trip to the petrol station with Ashton. There was a parking lot right beside it and while Ashton was inside paying for the petrol, I snuck into the drivers seat and drove around the parking lot until he caught me. Yeah, it was a rough day.